Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Colors - write a piece of up to two minutes duration on the theme of one of the following colors: red, yellow, blue, orange, purple, green, black, white. The piece can be in any style for any instrumentation. An MP3 or link to an outside service (e.g., Soundcloud, YouTube) is required. PDF is strongly suggested, but not required. An optional text describing the work of no more than 3 short sentences is suggested. Entries should be sent to me through this site. Deadline for entries is 1/3/21 at 5 pm EST.

Views: 1232

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Gav

If I remember rightly I'm about number 5 but since then you've certainly had enough to run this colourful contest. Have I missed your instructions as to where to send the short piece, in what format and  by when?

Ray

Gav, Sorry to be a nuisance,but I used that email (from my email), and got Undeliverable.  I don't understand "through a PM on this site"

Gav Brown said:

Hi Niela, I sent you an e-mail address you can use through a PM on this site -

Hi Niela, I sent the e-mail address again in a friend request. Note that there is a "zero" and a "one" in it. PM means private message, which means you can reply to me directly on this site through our accounts here, which include private messaging.

Hi Ray,

Since we are still in the period of accepting entries until 10/31, the rules haven't been posted yet. I typically post them after the "accepting entries" period ends. However, what is needed is: an MP3. You can send this to me privately on this site by friending me here. Once we are friends, you can send me the MP3. We also recommend but do not require a PDF of the score. If you include a PDF, make sure it does not have your name in it. Usually there are about 2 months timeframe to submit entries once the "accepting entries" period ends

Ray Kohn said:

Hello Gav

If I remember rightly I'm about number 5 but since then you've certainly had enough to run this colourful contest. Have I missed your instructions as to where to send the short piece, in what format and  by when?

Ray

I'm in !

Hi Johannes, you are #22! 

Hi Ray, I got your entry and removed your post as we don't want the entry to be public -

Hi Niela, just post your entry on this thread and I will grab it from here.

- (oops, couldn't find my reply, disregard)

Must work on my Synesthesia but I am in.

Thanks Michael, you are #23!

I'm In.

Ok James, you are #24!

Deadline to express interest (but not to submit an entry) is 10/31/20 at 5 pm -

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2021   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service