Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hello all,

I just bought Pro-Tools 9 (Avid) and can't wait to get it started. Wanted to know if anyone else out there has the new version. I use "Windows Home Edition Premium" 64 bit and I have plenty of memory. I also have an external drive.

One mistake I made was buying the Oxygen 49 "3rd Generation" as my MIDI controller. I found that requirements for Pro-Tools 9 doesn't include Oxygen at all and I think that is why I get a message saying"unable to locate hardwaremake sure hardware is connected" . I do plan to buy the "M-Box 3" that is compatable with Pro Tools 9. One  question,will I be able to use the Oxygen keyboard through the M-box? Oxygen has only the USB connection and the MBox 3 has the USB connection plus MIDI in and out. Will this require some other interface between the keyboard and the M-Box, and does anyone know if it is necessary to buy the graphics card they recommend? Navigating through the help forum is tedious.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Anthony

Views: 259

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ray,

I know. it does work on my mac when I use garage band so i know the keyboard works. I think Avid just wants you to buy more stuff as they upgradfe thier sofware,which pi--es me off. But, when I get the "new midi controller , I'll be up and running. I'll keep you posted on the exiting details of "Anthony Cox and His Technical Adventures".

Oh by the way , I found a guy nearby who makes pedal steels. He's a retired player. Maybe he'll show me how to "go with the force" :)

PT9 isn't dependent on M-Audio gear anymore. It should run without it. Just make sure all your equipment is set up correctly and all your drivers are up-to-date, you may have to go onto the avid site to find them. Also, can you not just plug the keyboard into your computer, instead of through the m-box?

hey thanks all

i've been out of town but a day later I sorted things out. The only problem i have now is the sound is coming out distorted. Could this be I'm using little cheap speakers hooked up to my computer. I would think it would not be a problem. I get back home tomorrow so I'll try it out and let you know what's up. Thanks all for your help.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2021   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service