Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

I'd like to drag this off of Ray's thread.

Views: 875

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bob, I am only right in saying that 'I' find the harpsichord tinny. If others agree, that fine.

If they don't agree, that's fine too. That's really all there is to it.

I speak for no one but myself. To imply that I am in a position to, or have right to,

or even care to make an all encompassing judgement on anything is just absurd.

I think you may have hit on a possible solution to clone and restructure the DNA of

the harpischord. Jurassic harpsichord   lol

Tell me, what are your favorite pedals ( they are all fun) when playing the guitar?

No doubt Gregorio will find us a link, but think of it... we electrify the harpsichord.

amplify it, and then use a wawa or a phase shifter  etc. to enhance it's sound.

By golly-bon jovi-bon appetite-bon voyage.... we're on our way towards a whole new

music genre : >}

If humanity truly wanted to 'step back' there would be a revival of the old school.

And, no doubt there are pockets of interested performers and listeners that will never die.

Last year I had to sell my Gibson ES 330  f hole hollow body circa 1965. ( to help cover

property taxes) not that I played that well, but still it was an ouch moment

What are you playing and what are your favorite pedals ?

How 'bout a sample of you at the wheel.    RS

And yet you did it anyway.

roger stancill said:

To imply that I am in a position to, or have right to,

dave, you are somewhat of a troll, cross bred with a shark.

I did what, offered my opinion?  So what.

Exactly what are you trying to prove?

Dave Dexter said:

roger stancill said:

Roger,

When we moved to California a few years back, I had to quickly sell my Martin, my Yamaha 12 string, my wife's Ovation, several other instruments and amps. We made almost nothing on them. I did manage to keep my '62 reissue Strat and my '65 Super Reverb. Instruments come and go. The acoustic I play now is one I built myself. I thought I might post something playing it. Maybe sometime. I suspect I'll just get comments about poor playing and recording. Heaven forbid I should post a score. 

Thanks Rog! Sharks are pretty badass.
You said it was absurd to imply you cared enough to make an all encompassing judgement on anything. Unfortunately, saying someone should stop composing for an instrument because it is beyond the dinosaurs (or that fugues should be abandoned) is a) something you cared enough to talk about b) an all-encompassing judgement. How could it NOT be a judgement? You've made a judgement in order to make that statement.

As for "so what" - I know credibility isn't really your thing, but being able to clearly show (again and again) that you've said things you said you haven't removes your credibility.

Chill. I'm not being offensive by calling you a low-functioning liar; it's down to interpretation.

roger stancill said:

Dave Dexter said:

roger stancill said:

rather ill parsed reptilian boy. Thank God people like you will soon join the dinosaurs.

Most likely you have no clue as to what that means. Yet the world will be a better place.

Dave Dexter said:

Thanks Rog! Sharks are pretty badass.
You said it was absurd to imply you cared enough to make an all encompassing judgement on anything. Unfortunately, saying someone should stop composing for an instrument because it is beyond the dinosaurs (or that fugues should be abandoned) is a) something you cared enough to talk about b) an all-encompassing judgement. How could it NOT be a judgement? You've made a judgement in order to make that statement.

As for "so what" - I know credibility isn't really your thing, but being able to clearly show (again and again) that you've said things you said you haven't removes your credibility.

Chill. I'm not being offensive by calling you a low-functioning liar; it's down to interpretation.

roger stancill said:

Dave Dexter said:

roger stancill said:

That attempted burn loses edge somewhat considering I'll outlive you by three or four decades. But it's nice I've made you angry enough to want to fight me and glory in my inevitable future death. Or ...am I a reptilian? Is this the new thing from you now?

I think Roger is getting frustrated because he knows only he is right and he knows everyone else is wrong. We just don't agree, and that makes him angry and sending death wishes to everyone else. It shows who he really is; pityful, hateful, and a real looser.

I feel sorry for the people in his family or direct company, who have to endure his ranting all over again. If he has any people left that want to talk to him, that is, of course.

I'm happy that Roger just shows outright who he really is, so now I know for sure he's not worth spending any more energy on. I think we all should do that. Shun him. Just ignore him. But that only works when everyone does that.

Dave, I have great respect for you how you deal with him.

Contradiction is a wonderful thing...............NOT

What was this thread about? Harpsichords?! Really? People got upset in a discussion of harpsichords! And yet no one referenced the most famous quote about harpsichords, something about skeletons copulating on a tin roof in a thunderstorm.

I thought it was cats.

yep, it has become a comedy of the drama queens.  I don't really believe it either.

OMG, lol- it's a coup de etat  on free speech and an attempt to silence dissention.

The idol worshipers are up in arms because someone has blasphemed one of their

sacred cows. Please, this IS serious. But wait, it was just one man's opinion based on

his personal observations and individual discernment. Hardly the end-all judgment

or a  proclamation on ANY issue. i.e. certainly open for debate or opposing views.

If the harpsichord (or the accordion)  somehow become popular again or become the

focus of modern day music, then I guess, I will eat crow. Until then, get real.  RS

dave, I am nowhere near angry. Unlike you, this is not drama for me.

The center of the universe lies elsewhere. (actually far away.)

and then... Erwin takes things a step further, adding drama to drama.

He say's, let's shun Roger - laugh X 10 .  Erwin, by all means, please do.

Make a dramatic move and 'unfriend me'. That'll teach me. Be brave.

It's not that I don't care about you, but then who needs BS.

Steve Chandler said:

What was this thread about? Harpsichords?! Really? People got upset in a discussion of harpsichords! And yet no one referenced the most famous quote about harpsichords, something about skeletons copulating on a tin roof in a thunderstorm.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Chris Merritt.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service