Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

This is a score for extended symphonic orchestra.

There is an explanation for the title on Youtube. The main theme is a popular tune that appears for the first time in the 12th century. Every new appearance has other lyrics, but the tune is more or less the same. My Pierlala character is situated in the 18th and 19th century. His rebirth has to do with the French occupation of my country and the Brabant Revolution (1830) that ended in the beginning of the new state Belgium.

Views: 58

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok, I really enjoyed this. Just lovely. Each variation holds interest, and the piece is a great listen from start to finish. In particular, I like your use of woodwinds (something I'm still trying to get a good handle on in my own music), and the tuned percussion (especially in the sections "Birth and Childhood" and "Mockery and Scorn").

The recording is nice and clean, too, with a good sound stage. Really nice work.

Hi Jos,

Congratulations.  Gorgeous work.

I won't make any technical comments as this is a  fully professional work.

I wonder if you have done this alone?  The video part is also seamless

and very rich.  Or was this the work of a 'one man dream team'?  :-)

Thank you for sharing your music and the story behind.

Ali

Thanks Robert and Ali for listening and commenting.

Ali: It's indeed a one man's team...

Robert: The scoring stage is the 'Opera Hall' of VSS2; instruments are all VSL.

The composing time was about 3 weeks; the midi programming time, mix and mastering about 3 months... The video is quite simple, but the search for the proper images was rather time consuming as well.

Jos

Hi Jos,

Great information! Thanks.  This means it can be done.

I have to think about it again.

Ali

Jos Wylin said:

Thanks Robert and Ali for listening and commenting.

Ali: It's indeed a one man's team...

Robert: The scoring stage is the 'Opera Hall' of VSS2; instruments are all VSL.

The composing time was about 3 weeks; the midi programming time, mix and mastering about 3 months... The video is quite simple, but the search for the proper images was rather time consuming as well.

Jos

Really beautiful and well done.

Jos,

The hard work has payed off here. Excellent work! I love the changes in theme almost at the drop of a hat. You are quite good at both composition and mixing. I would have a tough time staying with a project this long mainly due to time constraints.

Nothing really to nit about at all. Just very well done.

Thanks for sharing!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service