Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

So I got it. Working on converting some of my piano scores over to it. Any tips?

Views: 56

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not really other than explore all the options given including the possibility of downloading antique instruments gratis.

CC64 is set to the sustain pedal. 

May I ask which version you bought? I have just the stage version and am thinking of upgrading to get more control over the mikes but I did almost all my "lounge" folio on it. I also found it necessary (with this version) to narrow the stereo spread in my daw track otherwise the low and high notes move out to the extreme left and right accordingly.

What do you think of it so far?

Hi Dane,

Thanks for replying. I bought the Stage version. All I am doing right now is trying to figure out how to get it over from Finale. So far, the only way I can seem to do it is through a MIDI export. Results imperfect on this, still experimenting.

Gav

Surprised that your post hasn't provoked more interest. Given the choice of some sampled pianos (e.g. VSL's Bösendorfer at 46Gb) the diminutive size of Pianoteq's programs would seem quite an attraction.

The Pianoteq site has plenty of demos of several genres so it would be crass if I put one up of my own playing here.

I see they've now released an organ. I wasn't too impressed with the demos and walkthroughs. As an instrument it seems (just seems) to cater more to the romantic era, doesn't have any 32' stops a limited number of mutation stops, but does include manual/pedal couplers. At 250 euros (about the same in $ I suppose) it competes with VSL's Konzerhaus instrument (which I've bought and is a more powerful instrument) at 165 euros. The Vienna organ can produce the most delicate sounds right up to one grand noise with all the stops out.

Hi Dane, if you don't mind, could you put something up of yours with the sustain pedal on, my exports are producing odd results wherever I use it

Sure. Debussy tends to need a lot of pedal. so...La Fille aux Cheveux de Lin.

Hope this is ok. If not I'll send another.

Attachments:

Thanks Dane, that was helpful!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service