Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hi All,

Here is a new song I wrote - Patxi's Ghost. Please share ur comments & feedback.

The story goes like this...

On the way back from a late night movie, as I walked past an old building, I heard faint musical notes. I ventured inside; It was an abandoned performing arts theater with broken chairs and old orchestral instruments, covered in cobwebs. I felt a bit nervous being in there when, BANG! The door behind me shut itself! Torn curtains glowing in the moonlight swayed eerily. A chill ran down my spine. My heart raced as I felt an other worldly presence. A whispering voice called out...

"To play a tune i wait
a curse that trapped my fate
your ears must pay them heed
so my spirit maybe freed"

The ghostly instruments concocted a complex rhythm and I heard the voice again, singing those haunting lines. It was strangely calming yet mysterious. And as the music came to an end, I felt I set her spirit free... for small fireflies like particles surrounded the instruments and they vanished into thin air! 

Thanks!

Vn

Views: 104

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Vn,

That's some good haunted house music there! I don't usually follow "cinematic" works that much, but this one is several cuts above the pack. Good imagery, which captures the intent of your description quite well I think. Spooky tune, which does not sound like other efforts in this genre, nice sound effects which waft in and out. Flawlessly executed. I think this might be my favorite of your pieces I have heard here. But what does one do with such a piece?

Thanks for sharing it!

Gav

Hi Gav,

Thanks for listening & ur comments! 

"But what does one do with such a piece?"

Thats a great question. I dont know the answer. I just came up with the story and decided to write the music to go along with it so I can exercise those muscles. I love the idea of creating music for a story.

Vn 

It might even work nicely with some well done stills in the foreground. Perhaps you might look on pinterest or somesuch site to see if anyone is already out there doing something which would fit - just a thought - 

true I could do that. I originally envisioned this as a short story in virtual reality where the viewer can jump to diff vantage points within the hall to get a feel of the music from diff places while watching other subtle cues of the spirit. creepy stuff works well in VR.  

Very well done. Intelligent and emotional music. Although being cinematic, it certainly doesn't need a movie, it creates its own images and exactly those you depicted.

Congrats to you

Kjell

Very evocative, and mysterious--the eerie other worldly sounds paint a very convincing and enjoyable journey for the listener. Im drawn into this world and enjoyed it immensely.

Very well done!

I originally envisioned this as a short story in virtual reality where the viewer can jump to diff vantage points within the hall to get a feel of the music from diff places while watching other subtle cues of the spirit. creepy stuff works well in VR.

While the music doesnt need anything else other than itself, this sounds like a really interesting concept and place to take it to.

Thanks so much for sharing--EXCELLENT job!

Thanks Bob https://soundcloud.com/bob-morabito

Very spooky.  I'd like to see the score for this one, (kidding).

Thanks, Bob, Kjell & Lawrence for listening and ur comments! I can always yank out the score from my DAW for the melody tracks :) (i play by ear and can't read or write music, unfortunately)

Vn

Wow, this is really, really good!  I love a musical composition comprised of many textures and "sweeps" like this.  And the production is really great.  Love your stuff!

This is fun to listen to Vn, good work!  It's tempting to want to take a piece like this further and VR is the cutting edge right now so with your knowledge that seems like a good way to go.

When I google 'ghosts playing music' there's lot of stuff there; obviously a big market. With a good story to drive it I'm sure Disney would be interested; just saying.

Thanks Emily & Ingo! Im enjoying thinking about blending story, sounds and orchestral music to create interesting auralscapes. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2018   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service