Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

This is a short piece I had the idea for about 6 months ago,

and have been working on, off and on.

This is the first part of the musical aspect.

I am next, working on the lyrics and eventually

like to have a broader orchestrated piece

that plays separately behind this, tho'

this first piece should be able to stand on it's own.

At this point iId simply like to know what anyone else thinks,

about the potential and any problems with it.  Thanks, RS

Views: 94

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Title of this is; Anthem for Universal Peace and Prosperity

It is for 2 'voices' i.e. males/females-  and to be sung, once lyrics are written, in the

fashion of a round, at events, in place of a cumbersome National

anthem .

Thanks for listening Peter.

at least so for no one has found it insulting.

Remember, it is not about me, it's about the music.

If it stinks, I'd like to hear that too.   RS

Peter Brown said:

Sounds like someone's National Anthem to me. I'd like to hear it fleshed out with brass in a marching band. It has a nice fractal quality to it. 

Where is the seed? What does it look like, Where is it planted, Can you prove it exists? What's the capital of North Dakota?

Well Peter, thank goodness- for me it is no more than a hobby and creative outlet.

I got tired of hearing people gripe and complain about our (USA) national anthem,

and thought,' hey, there's a need. No one else seemed to be doing anything

to come up with an alternative. I'm sure if there was a monetary reward, as in a

contest, loads of more qualified people would 'set to the task'.

The idea here is that instead of one person, soloing a strange tune, for instance,

at a football game, all the fans would stand and sing together, a proclaimation

and desire for Peace and Prosperity across the globe. That's all.         RS

Peter Brown said:

Roger,

At some point in my musical career/life, I had to admit to myself that I wasn't going to impress everyone with it. It was early enough however, that as long as I felt good about the composition, and I invested some quality time and demonstrated an eagerness to share it with others, it couldn't be that bad. In fact, it usually turned out to be damn good. Anyone who can truly enjoy music had to make a little effort and investment of their time. Notice tiny redeeming details that others may overlook. Other than that, it's free. 

Every time you release a composition, you're planting a seed. (There's another member on these threads you must not tell of this. He will probably want to know where the seed is and what it looks like. And where it's planted.) I'm not going to mention his name.

FZ, there are obviously two capitals in North Dakota....... N and D.
 Fredrick zinos said:

Where is the seed? What does it look like, Where is it planted, Can you prove it exists? What's the capital of North Dakota?

Roger,

It's a wonderful, peaceful and positive piece. Also probably a pleasure to play on the piano.
I listened several times.

As you may know, I have lack of imagination in providing feedback. But if I find something more to say in the next few days, that might make some kind of sense, I'll come back.

Thank you so much for this!

Mariza

MCC, thanks for commenting

the piece actually sounds a bit better on my computer(I use Finale)

but somehow sounds really muddy and warped by the transfer here.

I'm not sure how to fix that, but I would think that a knowledgible ear

can still grasp the gist and potential or lack of it regardless of the

unrefined presentation.               RS

Mariza Costa-Cabral said:

Roger,

It's a wonderful, peaceful and positive piece. Also probably a pleasure to play on the piano.
I listened several times.

As you may know, I have lack of imagination in providing feedback. But if I find something more to say in the next few days, that might make some kind of sense, I'll come back.

Thank you so much for this!

Mariza

It sounds crisp when I hear it.  It may just be your computer that has a muddy sound.

I listened again.  It really does sound like a piece for choir.  Very nice counterpoint.  When you add the voices it will have a full and satisfying sound.  I look forward to reading the words.

Mariza

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Chris Merritt.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service