Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hello everyone. I just recently completed a new piece of music. I have been heavily influenced by lots of rock bands in my life and grew up playing in various rock groups in around Minneapolis, MN. It was not until about 2 years ago, that I started expanding my writing into other genres of music. Non the less, I wrote a rock piece this week and wanted to get some feedback on it. Let me know your thoughts... I am very proud of this one. Please let me know what you think.

24 Elders

-Rob

Views: 183

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like the song. The loud electric guitar and fast strings parts (beginning), I think need faster drums. And there's one thing I don't like: The strings doing the dissonant double note thing. Otherwise the song is great. I especially like the end.
Thanks for posting this, Rob.
I really liked this a lot - well thought out and executed.
I like the guitar playing. Not too much sure about the rest - the drums and the synth aren't doing it for me but if I can see past that then the song seems well thought through and the guitar is worth the admission ticket definately!
cool... i think i can hear the several influences in this piece, and the elements of them are combined nicely. i'm no pro, but i have a decent ear, and my ear likes this a lot. the kick seems a little washed out at times, like it isnt getting the thumping presence it needs for the double hit. otherwise i only have good things to say about this piece, it's well thought out, and maintains a good hard-rockish kinda feel while cuddling my ear with symphonic smoothness. great job!
This definitely had me bobbing my head. I love the strings runs with the distorted lead guitar! I don't listen to a great deal of rock/metal, but I love prog metal groups like Dream Theater and Glass Hammer and Christian metal bands like Divine in Sight, Red and Balance of Power.

The only thing I don't like about this (a small thing) is the second guitar sound, which has a country feel to it (reminds me of hillybilly music and seemed out of place here, just my humble opinion). However, this little issue would not stop me from popping a song like this into my iPod, when it's available on iTunes.

I look forward to hearing more of your work.
ice rhythm guitar work. could stand a bit of lead.. I was waiting for some Yngwie Malmsteen solo work or something,
having a lead guitar layout a definite melody would really help.

Other than that I love it. The rhythm guitar is great and the strings go really nice with it. The drums are okay, could be a bit more intense in places, maybe a bit more attack on the kick so it pops more. The drummer from Cannibal Corpse would cut a credit card into a circle and place it on the drum head and a matching one on the beater to get a nice attack.

In my band Dark Nation our drummer has metal beaters and metal clickers on the heads of his kicks.

Keep up the good work!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2021   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service