Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

should function as a solo piano ...

... or a small ensemble ...

this mix has a melodic instrument counterpoint ( oboe )

Views: 204

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very soothing and relaxing. Well played, on top of that. Personally, I would rather have a second piano playing an octave higher instead of other istruments, which in this case sound a bit artificial. Just a personal prefference, though, since I often tend to do just that. I even found myself replacing percussion with piano a few times :) A matter of prefference, as I said.

Anyway, good job on the piece!

Mind if I see the score?

in other pieces I actually let a VIBRAPHONE play the melody on the higher octave ...

you surely have a point ...

Paul Zaval said:

Very soothing and relaxing. Well played, on top of that. Personally, I would rather have a second piano playing an octave higher instead of other istruments, which in this case sound a bit artificial. Just a personal prefference, though, since I often tend to do just that. I even found myself replacing percussion with piano a few times :) A matter of prefference, as I said.

Anyway, good job on the piece!

here is the score ...

Clark Nichols said:
Mind if I see the score?
Attachments:

I think you can give the melody to the piano and the player wouldnt have much trouble playing it-I might be wrong though. 

Anyway, I enjoyed it very much.

sure, it is very easy to play in any case ...

just depends wether one wants the piece to be a solo piano or a duo ...

glad you enjoyed
Spiros Makris said:

I think you can give the melody to the piano and the player wouldnt have much trouble playing it-I might be wrong though. 

Anyway, I enjoyed it very much.

Wow - very lyrical. Possibly too lyrical! Or maybe I am too cynical. This piece certainly has some passages I like, interesting chord changes and a wistful and melancholic mood - it also has some I am not so keen on and would prefer maybe a section in a different mood (maybe in a rough ABA structure) - the oboe for me doesn't work (even if it was real) and I agree with comments above this would be better as a piano solo piece. Thanks for sharing. J

it definitely looks like the oboe is spoiling the piece ...

this seems to be the general opinion ...

I will most surely work on a different arrangement ...

note: I have visited your website ... very cute player, where did you find it ? ...

best

Livio Guerra

Hi Livio - I actually made it with the help of a friend. glad you like it :) I'll keep my ears open for a new arrangement, Jack

THUM DOWN FOR THE OBOE ...

Point taken !

best

Livio

So this is the remix ...

Oboe -> Vibraphone ...

Cello -> Clarinet ...

hope it improves a bit, more like ambient perhaps ...

ciao

Livio

Attachments:

in actual fact in the end this piece will be a solo piano ( with a slightly jazzy chorus ) ... perhaps I' ll keep only the clarinet presentation ... In the mean-time I' ll also try the first counterpoint presentation with a background pad rather than a foreground instrument ...

best

Livio Guerra

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service