Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hi everyone

Another new piece this time focusing on a much more folk sound to match the theme of the Lady of the Lake. 

Please let me know what you think and enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i1f0zP4Qpc

Views: 101

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Now if you created an orchestration using this I might have enjoyed.
https://fluffyaudio.com/shop/rinascimento/

Hi Ray

I'm not really sure what you mean, did you not enjoy the piece?

Piano music is not my favorite, but I found this easy to listen to.

I am interested in your definition of "folk sound".

Hi Bob

Thanks for listening I'm glad you liked it. 

In regards to a folk sound well theres a lot of parallel 5ths and it's mostly diatonic but to be truthful the folk element was mostly just a starting point and I can't help myself sometimes with the harmony so a lot of it is distinctly not folky. 



Bob Porter said:

Piano music is not my favorite, but I found this easy to listen to.

I am interested in your definition of "folk sound".

Alex,
I understand the need in a piano player to compose on piano but if you write a folksy tune then I'd like to hear it played using folksy instrumentation.
Just my personal opinion.

Alex Oliver Cawley said:

Hi Ray

I'm not really sure what you mean, did you not enjoy the piece?

Hi ray

Ok that makes sense, I don't really like sharing music as midi so i'm mostly limited to the instruments I play but I am considering writing some guitar/mandolin pieces in the future. 

Thanks for listening 



Ray said:

Alex,
I understand the need in a piano player to compose on piano but if you write a folksy tune then I'd like to hear it played using folksy instrumentation.
Just my personal opinion.

Alex Oliver Cawley said:

Hi Ray

I'm not really sure what you mean, did you not enjoy the piece?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Chris Merritt.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service