Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Views: 215

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Possibly more reverb yes. Thanks

Dave Dexter said:
Could be reverb settings, midi expression, virtual orchestration - as I said it sounds dry and fundamentally less realistic than the others. For orchestral music the ear expects a certain wet sound because in real life you'd hear it recorded in a reverberant space, and mockups lacking that are more obvious.
Ah ok so more chord progression, better dynamics and reverb?

Bob Porter said:

Nicole,

Thanks for posting this. As a piece meant to be background it is fine. As a stand alone piece, I like it up to the :55 mark where you settle into an uninteresting chord progression. The change of pace is fine, but even just two chords repeated (as later) or three chords with more direction might have been better. Or even a section more subdued but that keeps moving. It's a small thing, and perhaps not that important. Just something to think about.
As a person who produces sub par "mock-ups", I am less bothered by the sound quality of this than I am by the content.
For once, I agree with Roger. Tim Burton. Well done.

L. I. B. , and to commemorate the event , I hope you remember and enjoy this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eMkH0s3Vpc      lol

Bob Porter said:

Nicole,

Thanks for posting this. As a piece meant to be background it is fine. As a stand alone piece, I like it up to the :55 mark where you settle into an uninteresting chord progression. The change of pace is fine, but even just two chords repeated (as later) or three chords with more direction might have been better. Or even a section more subdued but that keeps moving. It's a small thing, and perhaps not that important. Just something to think about.
As a person who produces sub par "mock-ups", I am less bothered by the sound quality of this than I am by the content.
For once, I agree with Roger. Tim Burton. Well done.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Chris Merritt.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service