Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

I'm not saying it's very good, but my daddy always says to just do it. He says it's from some old add?  Anyway, here is a short. piece kind of like a heartbeat. Pretty simple, i think.

Views: 166

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's nerve wracking to post your first piece as I well know - bravo for your courage Darlene.

This is a good start Darlene. You have harmony, melody, some development and use of dynamics, all of which are important elements. There's a lot more you could do with this of course, are you studying with anyone or do you have some favorite composers that you listen to and emulate?

You took a good simple idea and you really did an EXCELLENT job keeping the listener interested during the varied repeats of this simple idea..

Its very easy for these kind of pieces to become boring very quickly and easily, when theres no change and all it does is repeat itself..but your piece totally avoids this, in a really well thought out way, that progress the music and keeps it interesting..

Very enjoyable and well done..I enjoyed this very much!

Thanks Bob https://soundcloud.com/bob-morabito

@Charles Holt

I know right?

@Ingo Lee

Thanks alot. I'm not studying with anyone music-wise, if that's what you mean. I don't really know much about composers. You mean like Beethoven? I'm just kind of doing it.

@Bob Morabito

Thanks for liking this. I know it's not much. It's hard for me to think of any music as boring. 

HI Darlene--I wish youd read again what I wrote..and believe in yourself, and your music..you did a REALLY good job here and should be very proud of yourself!

And by believing in yourself and your music, and keeping a positive attitude, you'll keep doing better and better...and I for one look very much forward to hearing new music from you:)

Darlene Hunt said:

@Bob Morabito

Thanks for liking this. I know it's not much. It's hard for me to think of any music as boring. 

Hi Darlene. Welcome and great start! Its quite simple and easy to hear and as Bob says you have found a way to keep the changes flowing through the piece. Keep on writing! :)

@Vn

Thank you. I don't know how to make up any thing very complicated.

@Bob Moribito

Sometimes it's hard to be positive with my disability.

Im so very sorry for whatever your disability is..but let the music and kind words of those enjoying your music here help you with being positive, and working thru and around your disability..

youre very talented--pls dont let it or ANYTHING hold you back! :)

Darlene Hunt said:

@Bob Moribito

Sometimes it's hard to be positive with my disability.

My daddy says to think realistically. I'm taking college courses from home. I think I saw a composition class. The guys in my church band say I should go for it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2018   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service