Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hi everyone! I joined to forum today and i want to share two of my recent compositions. I'm not very good guitar player so please forgive my mistakes :) These are my compositions. I'm very new to this stuff and i would be very happy if you shared your critique with me.

Dernière Valse

Coeur Fissuré

Views: 145

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the reply! I see these pieces as guitar compositions. I'm not very good at creating orchestral compositions so i'm just sticking to guitar while i'm learning to do bigger things. Thanks for the critique, i actually want to develop the piece more and add more versatility to its melody and overall sections but i don't have any idea for now, i'll rework on it with fresh mind :)

Hi Caspian--I enjoyed these very much:)

I found Derniere Valse simply charming and enjoyed the beautiful mood it created.

Coeur Fissure is also very nice and off to a great start--but I feel the biggest stumbling block here is that you might be limiting your composing to only what youre able to play, and then, even that performance has some problems.

Perhaps learning to compose using sound libraries and either Notation software, or a DAW, might be of benefit, so that you can easily listen and correct mistakes and go well beyond your own performing capabilities. This might be the best solution here, IMO.

Please continue composing and sharing your music and thanks so much for sharing these two wonderful pieces:)

Thanks Bob https://soundcloud.com/bob-morabito

Thanks for the replies :) I don't have a classical guitar yet but i'm saving up for it. And i just installed a DAW today to learn to create better compositions without mistakes. 

Thank you MM Coston :)

I like both, however the first seems a bit more developed and thoughtful.  The 2nd seems to meander a bit, but otherwise is nice.  I would try to use some melodies in a lower octave to avoid having them sound like variations on a theme or too much alike in their sound.

Thank you. I developed the first one to an orchestral piece(my orchestration is poor though) you can listen to it here Valse

Thanks for the tips. I'm reading Principles of Orchestration by Rimsky-Korsakov now and after i finish it i'll try to rework on the waltz.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2018   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service