Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hi guys! I have covered "Musette" from the Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach (see: below). What is your opinion on the Notenbüchlein?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu9AET3hafo

Views: 98

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What do you mean "covered"? Do you mean learnt or finished practicing it? I think you played it well as a keyboard piece.

May I suggest that you should direct  your effort a bit more towards evoking the spirit of a "musette", ie a peasant piece played on bagpipes. It could be even more joyous and boisterous, but I think (and that covers all Bach's keyboard music as far as I am concerned), that a piano sound destroys the essence of his music. Harpsichord or organ are the obvious choices.

About the notebook, I think that it is still one of the best instructional works about, not only for basic keyboard techniques but also for general musicianship which some other methods lack pitifully.

Carry on the good work!

This evokes a lot of memories for me. The first piece was one of the pieces that came with an old piece of Apple II software that could play two voices on the old built-in Apple II speaker. That was no small feat, as the Apple II speaker had extremely limited capabilities, and being able to coax it to produce two simultaneous tones was, at the time, a marvel of software programming. This software, which is long-forgotten nowadays, was one of the things that first sparked my interest in music, without which I wouldn't be here today.

I know this doesn't directly relate to your topic, but I just wanted to say that this music occupies a special place in my memories. :-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2021   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service