Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

This piece was created for a video game called Minion Masters - currently in alpha. I hope I can get some critiques!

Ravager was the apex predator of his world, but with no regard for anything but the hunt, he eradicated every other living thing. He now travels the universe looking for any kind of light.

https://app.box.com/s/twz88afy1dl1ck4bfkp14amla54ra27a

Views: 126

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just got some M-Audio BX5's last night - unfortunately I open the box to find that one of the tweeters is blown. So I'm having it replaced. 

I appreciate all the feedback, and you make VERY good points that I agree with. I'll have to do a fresh listen today and then see what I can determine as well. I am very OCD. I will be sure to return once I do have a finished track to get more feedback. 

You get a good sound so I suppose it works for you, but applying unique effects on single tracks won't give quite the same effect as applying them to the full mix.

Never on a single track - I personally feel for any track or sound you're using, you need to have a dry track - I usually apply effects on a track by sending the dry track signal (or tracks if it's grouped with another duplicate track that may be panned differently, etc) to a return track - the return track hosts the effect itself. That way if I want another track or instrument or whatever, to have the same effect as another track, but not necessarily all of the tracks in the mix to have this effect, then, I have that control by choosing which tracks get a signal sent to the return track

Nice, they should make a real difference. Now you have all the fun of speaker placement, isolation and potentially acoustic treatment! For now though, don't put them in or near corners/walls.

Benjamn Ray Maisonet said:

I just got some M-Audio BX5's last night - unfortunately I open the box to find that one of the tweeters is blown. So I'm having it replaced.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service