Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hello all!

I suddenly thought of sharing this here. It is an unused cue from a project I worked on not too long ago. A bit bombastic and out of my usual style... structurally, it is also rather simple. The brief I got on this one was a bit vague. I was to make it sound like constant action, constant conflict with lots of drumming and oomph. This is what I came up with. Unfortunately it was never used, even though my client really liked the theme and how it had "constant action and lots of drumming". Maybe one day I'll find a different place for it.

Give it a listen! Hope you enjoy! If you don't, please go ahead and tell me what you would have done differently :)

Ciao!
Cornelis

Views: 70

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the comment Zach!

I was actually experimenting with the panning a bit, moved my orchestral sections around a bit. Thank goodness its not a real orchestra that I moved around constantly, they might have attacked me with my own score.
I can see the chase scene unfolding as i listen....galloping horses...the hero on the chase....the damsel in distress about to be rescued...its all int there. Love the mix. Don't what you're using for samples, but they sound great.

I could almost hear a choir coming in for the second half of the cue.

Nicely done!
Thank you Donald!

The scene it was meant to accompany was very much like what you described. Interesting that you say you could almost hear a choir! I do believe it is a bit of an illusion caused by the violas. I've also almost heard it before, hehe.

With regards to the samples, for this one I just used East West Symphony Orchestra + Stormdrum 2.

Again, thanks for the kind words!

Cornelis Jordaan said:
Thank you Donald!

The scene it was meant to accompany was very much like what you described. Interesting that you say you could almost hear a choir! I do believe it is a bit of an illusion caused by the violas. I've also almost heard it before, hehe.

With regards to the samples, for this one I just used East West Symphony Orchestra + Stormdrum 2.

Again, thanks for the kind words!

Okay, that's it. If I have to see my cat, I've got to get the EWQL collection. I've been drooling over them for months!!!!
It certainly hits the mark of what was asked for. It's a nice one to have ready in the can!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service