Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

A nostalgic piece inspired by reflecting on a past which no longer exists and longing to return to that time. I have been thinking a lot about when you realise that a period in your life has become a distant memory, because circumstances have changed so much. It's almost like this was "another life", if that makes sense. 

I would love to hear your thoughts. Thank you for accepting me into this forum, I'm really excited to hear other composers' works. 

https://youtu.be/SgLUAWME02Y

Views: 99

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you very much for your kind feedback. I really appreciate you taking the time to listen.

Nice evocative piece and I like the spaciousness inherent in it, the thoughtfulness.  I can imagine other instruments entering into this to develop some of the themes.  Thanks for sharing. 

Thank you Henry for listening and for your friendly feedback. I really like your suggestion to incorporate other instruments - I think I may do a version in the future adding in strings. 

Hi Ewan

I listend to tis piece this morning - I think I found the 2nd half more interesting than the first. Whilst its nice to listen to it it would be better to see it also - I actually quite like looking at other composers scores.

Thanks, Colin

Hi Colin,

Thank you for listening and for your kind feeback. I've linked the score pdf - I would say it's played "Rubato", so some of the rhythms may vary slightly in the recording. I hope you enjoy following it.

Thanks,

Ewan

Memories.pdf

Colin Dougall said:

Hi Ewan

I listend to tis piece this morning - I think I found the 2nd half more interesting than the first. Whilst its nice to listen to it it would be better to see it also - I actually quite like looking at other composers scores.

Thanks, Colin

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2019   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service