Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hey guys and gals, this little piece called Meditation is scored for percussion and choir with the choir providing effects instead of actual singing. Thank you for listening and commenting!
Listen to Meditation by Rodney Money #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/rodney-money-1/meditation

Views: 162

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Rodney,

I found this engaging and ambient at the same time, “like”. It struck me that it would be good music for a spooky movie, for some reason I envisioned explorers paddling down the Amazon river on a dark and rainy day. Danger lurks around in that there are natives who could appear at any moment and attack. Thanks for posting!

Gav

Always a pleasure to listen to some of your stuff Rod.

Rodney, I'm going to agree with Gav.

The flow was certainly not that of a 'serene' meditation and had an eeriness about it.

I guess it all depends on the focus of ones meditation. kum bai ya   bubbahla    RS

roger stancill said:

Rodney, I'm going to agree with Gav.

The flow was certainly not that of a 'serene' meditation and had an eeriness about it.

I guess it all depends on the focus of ones meditation. kum bai ya   bubbahla    RS

Definitely, this piece is actually more like Dark Meditation. There are many voice and tamtam effects that create that uneasy feeling on purpose also.
"Hi Rodney,

I found this engaging and ambient at the same time, “like”. It struck me that it would be good music for a spooky movie, for some reason I envisioned explorers paddling down the Amazon river on a dark and rainy day. Danger lurks around in that there are natives who could appear at any moment and attack. Thanks for posting!

Gav"

Thank you so very much for stopping by and liking this piece, my friend. It means a lot. I could definitely see what you are talking about concerning music for a spooky movie. I can picture that also. Marimba especially always gives me the impressions of jungles or even Africa. Thank you for listening again!
Thank ya Greg. That means a lot coming from you, my friend. I was thinking about expanding this piece. Any suggestions?

Greg Brus said:

Always a pleasure to listen to some of your stuff Rod.

Thank you so much, my friend, and wow you know my music better than I do, lol. Can you write my program notes for now on? ;) Thank you for your comments. They meant the world to me.

Bob Porter said:

Rodney,

This seems to be two pieces. The first part with the repeating figure could be considered "spooky", I suppose. But I think you meant it more as trying to get deep inside oneself. A journey through the hidden places and darkest recesses, to a place of true inner peace. This is the second part of the music, which is straight choral writing played on marimba.

Nice work, Rodney. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service