Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hello everyone,

Here's a new composition. The full title is "La ronde des vermines". The picture is also a personal creation.

Your feedback will give me the opportunity to improve… So, if you have two minutes, thank you :)

Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Simple and lyrical, very pretty. About 45 seconds in began a passage that sounded like a very close cousin of Pachelbel's canon... surely you can come up with something more original than that?

Thank you Liz for your reaction

Indeed I inserted some notes from Pachelbel's canon (between 0'52'' and 1'10''). But only as an echo, behind the main melody. The temptation was too strong :)   

Liz Atems said:

Simple and lyrical, very pretty. About 45 seconds in began a passage that sounded like a very close cousin of Pachelbel's canon... surely you can come up with something more original than that?

It started out really nice, but at 0:55 you go into a chord progression that has been done too many times.....

Thank you for your opinion Victor.

I agree, the beginning and the end are more original than the middle. What did you think of the melody?

Reminds me of canon in D by Pachelbel after the 0.55. Maybe you could remove that and continue the development based on the opening theme.

Is score available?

It sounded to me like a variation on the film score of La la Land, Sebastian's Theme (at 00:32 this seems to be quoted directly). I guess this was deliberate...?

I enjoyed this a lot. I listened the other day but only now had the time to comment on it. It does sound a little bit like that "other tune". Nice work!

It is a neat piece based on chords but very beautifully sequenced chords. The part in the middle reminds me of a certain Pachelbel.

All the best

Kjell

Ali Riza Saral : 

It would be a pleasure to put the score online, but I can't write... I plan to go see a pianist to help me do that.

Tillerich : No, but I agree, the descent (0:32-0:34) is identical. 

Tillerich said:

It sounded to me like a variation on the film score of La la Land, Sebastian's Theme (at 00:32 this seems to be quoted directly). I guess this was deliberate...?

Timothy : Thank you for that kind reaction.

Timothy Smith said:

I enjoyed this a lot. I listened the other day but only now had the time to comment on it. It does sound a little bit like that "other tune". Nice work!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service