Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

I haven't spoken much about this one and haven't offered any sneak peaks. Now all four movements are finished. I might have to correct some things before it's completely ready to be performed by an orchestra, but the recorded version is out at least. Feels rather good : )

Views: 130

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Bob! You are right about the variety, that's one of the things I have to work on until the next piece. I need to get myself a small USB keyboard. That would help much. You are also right about the missing slow movement. I have been made aware of some issues in the orchestrations too. I will post a score eventually.

This is very well done and I enjoyed listening. You have a lot of skill and talent and you have done good work here and I'm sure that people who hear this will enjoy it, and that's something to be proud of.  Bob has pointed out some things to work on and I'm sure you know better than we do what else you would like to do.  My only suggestion would be to look for the elements of surprise and variety, building in more contrast here and there will help us to appreciate all that you have to offer.

It made me think of Handel, which is a very good thing, IMHO. But I also found a certain sameness throughout. It really does need some variation in it to really give it some punch. It's certainly a very joyous piece, so it's aptly named and inspired. Well done, that's a lot of work, and a lot of very well put together work.
Thanks Ingo and Rick! Yes the overall form is a field I need to develop. That's one of the fun parts of composing. You never arrive, there's always new places to go and new things to learn. For my next piece I'm going for a more varied form and much better orchestration.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2021   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service