Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Innocence Lost (Rough draft of the track form Mvmnt. I of Trumpet Concerto)

"Innocence, once lost, can never be regained. Darkness, once gazed upon, can never be lost." ~John Milton

This is the rough draft of the track "Innocence Lost" which is the first movement of my trumpet concerto "The Seven Stages of Grief." The piano will be (might be) transcribed into more child-like instruments such as various music boxes and toy pianos that would be difficult to perform in a live situation. In this version the piano plays most of the off-staged flugelhorn and muted trumpet melodic parts to give you a sense of how it will be put together with the soloist. Thank you for listening and thank you more for commenting.

https://soundcloud.com/rodney-money-1/trumpet-concerto-mvmnt-i-inno...

Please ignore where it says IV. since it's going to be I.

Views: 73

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very atmospheric and moving.  But... where's the trumpet part? ;-)  (Yes I know, you told us in the chatbox that this was just a rough draft with piano substituting for trumpet.  But it would be nice to hear it with a real trumpet sometime.)

Lol. Totally understandable. I will tell you what though, this is the one piece when I am playing along with the piano part on flugelhorn at work that my coworkers and boss will burst into my room asking me, "What is that you are working on?" When I finish the concerto the trumpet player Jon who commissioned the work will record it in the studios at the university. Or I just need to buy a mic and learn how to record live instruments.

H. S. Teoh said:

Very atmospheric and moving.  But... where's the trumpet part? ;-)  (Yes I know, you told us in the chatbox that this was just a rough draft with piano substituting for trumpet.  But it would be nice to hear it with a real trumpet sometime.)

The reason why you do not hear a trumpet is because I personally dislike solo trumpet virtual instruments. Too many years playing live on that darn thing, I guess.
Here's the latest accompaniment track, so no melody, in the correct key, and more appropriate range of the piano for accompanying and some of the rhythms have changed also to benefit the soloist.
https://soundcloud.com/rodney-money-1/trumpet-concerto-i-innocence-...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service