Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Electronic music rather modern sounding.

Written for Piano and two electric guitars and Celesta

In Love

Regards,

Saul

Views: 148

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very sweet and Romantic...

Modern sounding... well, yes due to the arrangement. But if this were performed on acoustic instruments it would fit in with Erik Satie’s “Gymnopodies”

Good balance and space between the melody and the harmony. Nice touch...

Thank you,

I have to make a correction, the piece is written for piano, 1 electric guitar not 2 , and celesta.

Interesting comparison to Eric Satie, I can imagine why you would say such a thing. Very good observation.

Mark Ames said:

Very sweet and Romantic...

Modern sounding... well, yes due to the arrangement. But if this were performed on acoustic instruments it would fit in with Erik Satie’s “Gymnopodies”

Good balance and space between the melody and the harmony. Nice touch...

This is really cool. Never heard anything like it. You're able to create very interesting colors soaked within an almost "walking" atmosphere. Glad I got to listen to this :)

Nice work here Saul. Enjoyed the listen. 

Thank you Oscar and Tim for your kind words.

Best Wishes

Creates a pretty nice atmosphere over all. It's a bit meandering and cliche in spots. I would have modulated to a new key around half way through. 

Thank you Daniel for your comments. Certainly I wasn't trying to create tension or modulation in this piece which would have been very easy to do, I think that the simplicity and the meandering feel was on purpose, wasn't trying to break any ground here with innovation. But of course, you're course would have been a legitimate and proper option for this piece.

Regards,

Saul

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2019   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service