Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hey guys, very easy melody to play arround (for newbes at least) come join the fun!

I made 3 voices with this melody, maybe you can help me out doing variations on the melody or the acconpaniment or both!

A minor part would be nice!

Just sugesting some fun!

Views: 79

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I added 8 measures before my kids started going nuts. It's kinda what I was thinking when I suggested giving a melody to the cello. Hope you like it!

Matt

Attachments:

I'm kind of a begginer, so I had no idea how to do it right. Super cool, man! 

Matt Baker said:

I added 8 measures before my kids started going nuts. It's kinda what I was thinking when I suggested giving a melody to the cello. Hope you like it!

Matt

I wouldn't say anything I do is "right," I just try to write what sounds good to me and then get advice on what errors I've made and how to make it better. One thing I've been aware of more lately (per advice from this forum) is playing around with dynamics. Using hairpins and whatnot to balance out chords and passages. For a random example, maybe in the first measure you want to highlight the violin, but two measures later the cellos have more of the melody. Don't be afraid to change the dynamics so at each point whichever part you want to stick out is doing so. 

I think you're doing swell so far. Listen to the suggestions you get from people here; I haven't been here long, but everyone is very knowledgeable and generous with their comments. I know, cause I'm a fellow beginner myself. (I might be a chapter ahead of you, but not much!)

Keep up the great work!

Matt

Var.mscz

I played arround a bit but can't scape the repetitive rythm, this is what I got.

What one earth are those files?

rsrsrsrs they are the same, just for diferen softwares

Dane Aubrun said:

What one earth are those files?

Good point, Dane. .mscz files are the format that MuseScore uses. I thought it was the generic format, but I remember now that it's .xml, which can be read by (I presume) most notation software. Here is the .xml and a .pdf version. 

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2019   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service