Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

My new composition, when I Started writing this, I dont have idea for what it is.. I writing this just for fun.

After finished I think its good for trailer film or Tv programs :D..

Comented welcome :)

https://soundcloud.com/maer-d-teg/hangouts

Thanks

Views: 511

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@Dave I Know the sound its not too good, and its not mixing with mixing plugins, but next i will try to mixing with mixing plugins and hope the sound will better

Dave Dexter said:

I would try adding some natural-sounding reverb to the piece. It acts as a sort of aural glue and can help a great deal with samples, which I think are still your weak point. Even really good samples, with really good manipulation to create a human-sounding performance, will sound fake without the kind of reverb we're used to hearing in real life - almost no instrument arrives at our ears acoustically dead but your mix creates that impression, making it sound artificial. Check out some live recordings of orchestras in concert halls to see what I mean. Don't overuse it though, I've done that and it's terrible :)

Dave, was Gahil offended? I thought that I read that he wasn't sure what was going on here.

I didn't read his complaint. Did you?

I can clearly see his point. You and Ray made an issue of something due to your own meddling

self righteous . judgemental , politically correct, pre-emptive wanna-be a drama queen attitude.

So, now it is your job here to protect 'the innocent'?

Even if Capt. Insult's  statement was legit and expressing how he felt about the piece, he is entitled to his opinion

... after all, theOP is entered in the catagory analysis and critique.

Are you suggesting that a critique must be PC?

Stop being a drama queen, Roger, we're all brothers in grace here

roger stancill said:

Dave, was Gahil offended? I thought that I read that he wasn't sure what was going on here.

I didn't read his complaint. Did you?

I can clearly see his point. You and Ray made an issue of something due to your own meddling

self righteous . judgemental , politically correct, pre-emptive wanna-be a drama queen attitude.

So, now it is your job here to protect 'the innocent'?

Even if Capt. Insult's  statement was legit and expressing how he felt about the piece, he is entitled to his opinion

... after all, theOP is entered in the catagory analysis and critique.

Are you suggesting that a critique must be PC?

In good comedy there is truth.  Don Rickles truth was that Hollywood types were mostly idiots and not to be taken seriously.  People like Merrill Streep, Alec Baldwin, Rosey O'Donnell use their celebrity status to foist upon the rest of us their political views.  They have no expertise in politics, economics, religion etc. They can only recite other peoples orations, and Rickles was correct in making fun of them.  We could use some more comedians like Don Rickles.

What a dickhead. Your analogy is self incrimination with bells on.

Lawrence, I almost hesitate to tell you, but this forum isn't Hollywood. Don Rickles' truth is irrelevant here, but I have one I think is a little more pertinent: dropping a bunch of insults on the music of composers here for constructive criticism and advice makes you a twat, and it's the depth that even I attempt not to plumb.

Lawrence Aurich said:

In good comedy there is truth.  Don Rickles truth was that Hollywood types were mostly idiots and not to be taken seriously.  People like Merrill Streep, Alec Baldwin, Rosey O'Donnell use their celebrity status to foist upon the rest of us their political views.  They have no expertise in politics, economics, religion etc. They can only recite other peoples orations, and Rickles was correct in making fun of them.  We could use some more comedians like Don Rickles.

Dave, how do you know what type of criticism is constuctive or not, for any

given individual. Is your general knowledge of psychology to be the accepted norm?

Lawrence, there is nothing you can say that will redeem you in the minds of these anal

retentive PC minded buffoons that read things so literally that they 'trip' over their own

ignorant blindness.

It will be a sad day indeed when 'girlie'men rule and freedom of speech is denied for the

sake of being 'nice'. It's the tyranny of sissies and the plague of progress and growth.

No doubt Gahil has long moved on, without a ripple to his ego or a rumple in his music

writing. But, some here seem to want their pound of flesh from you.

Best thing to do is to follow Gahil's example and move on... tho' Dave will most likely

want to have the last word.

"This is why you(we all) need to understand the meaning of the

concept of 'grace'. Give it a try, and be a peace maker."

cf.

" . . . anal retentive PC minded buffoons that read things so literally that they 'trip' over their own

ignorant blindness. It will be a sad day indeed when 'girlie'men rule and freedom of speech is denied for the

sake of being 'nice'. It's the tyranny of sissies and the plague of progress and growth."

Remember Roger, you're not a Drama Queen!

Dave, your lack of willingness and/or ability to address the real issue is like

Ray intimated earlier towards Lawrence... glaring, with bells on.

Attempting to throw my words back at me, as if to say that my imperfections

somehow justify yours, is just more ignorant crap.

Apparently a rule of civil etiquette was transgressed upon by Lawrence.

I disagree. Ray seems to agree with you. Neither of you grasped where

Lawrence was coming from, nor did you 'get' the comedic sense of what he was

saying. That would necessitate an element of sophistication that is not universal.

Just because you (or Ray), in your element, think something said is crass or

condesending, does not qualify you to draw a 'line in the sand' and disavow the

reach and understanding of other's grasp of intent or purpose.

That is a form of tyranny that should never be tolerated.

Grace is a goal of enlightenment, it is not a demand or a command.

It is a genuine spirit that, when applied and practiced, can only change the

world for the better.    RS

Well of course you disagree, I think you have learning difficulties.

roger stancill said:

I disagree.

Wow Dave, once again ..... you nailed it.   Brilliant

Dave Dexter said:

roger stancill said:

I disagree.

Most of your recent drivelling has been contingent on things I never actually said, even when I made you aware of the fact. The natural assumption is that you have trouble parsing language.

roger stancill said:

Wow Dave, once again ..... you nailed it.   Brilliant

Dave Dexter said:

roger stancill said:

I disagree.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Chris Merritt.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service