Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

My new composition, when I Started writing this, I dont have idea for what it is.. I writing this just for fun.

After finished I think its good for trailer film or Tv programs :D..

Comented welcome :)

https://soundcloud.com/maer-d-teg/hangouts

Thanks

Views: 521

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've heard of Rickles, I just confused your actions with that of a twat

Now there's a REAL insult. and personal attack.

Hardly in the 'spirit' of Rickles though. If you don't get it...

you just don't get it.

Ray said:

Keep digging.

I liked Chuck Berry rock but I haven't gone looking for sex with children.

You are an idiot and now you apologise for others not knowing your intentions instead of just offering a simple personal apology for your crassness on multiple boards.

Ray

The people who were insulted are in the wrong for not understanding the reference? You think there was no grounds for a new forum member or one unfamiliar with whatever performance art tribute Lawrence was attempting to be genuinely offended, confidence damaged, and confused all at once? And that if they were, they should simply have "got it"?

roger stancill said:

you just don't get it.

Ray said:

Keep digging.

You are an idiot and now you apologise for others not knowing your intentions instead of just offering a simple personal apology for your crassness on multiple boards.

Ray

Dave, YOU ASSume that Galih was offended? or did he privately confide this to you?

You, Mr. C word  who, as I remember, insulted the forum with what YOU percieved as

an everyday expression. Now you tame it down a bit and use the word 'twat'.

I remember you defending your use of the word, while still others found it offensive.

Lets not provoke gestapho Greg here, but I'm hearing self righteous politically correct

hypocracy. And then Ray condemns Lawrence's supposed insult with an insult and

'personal ' attack? 

Personally, I don't care what language someone uses to express a point.

I try to see the 'gist' of the message/communication, no matter what the

mentality level.

If a genius tells a dirty joke to others, is he any less a genius?

Humor, even deplorable humor, is much more sane and acceptable to me,

as opposed to the pathetic hypocracy of those PC police that have no clue

but to hide behind the drama of condemnation of others.     RS

Dave Dexter said:

The people who were insulted are in the wrong for not understanding the reference? You think there was no grounds for a new forum member or one unfamiliar with whatever performance art tribute Lawrence was attempting to be genuinely offended, confidence damaged, and confused all at once? And that if they were, they should simply have "got it"?

roger stancill said:

you just don't get it.

Ray said:

Keep digging.

Ray

Aw. "Ass". That's cute. Anyway, you've made some assumptions of your own there, ol' cunt, since I never said Galih was offended but simply asked you if there were no grounds for offense.

Ray's point seemed pretty sound; deciding to pay tribute to a dead comedian by adopting their mantle of insults is idiotic, especially when used to disparage work offered for criticism. Something that has passed you by regarding my behaviour here is that, whilst I cheerfully assassinate character, I insult a member's music under only the direst provocation. Even when not twattily paying tribute to a dead comedian, Lawrence falls short of that standard.

Nothing else you said had any real bearing on the subject so I'll just repeat my question, perhaps you will answer it straight.

"You think there was no grounds for a new forum member or one unfamiliar with whatever performance art tribute Lawrence was attempting to be genuinely offended, confidence damaged, and confused all at once?"

roger stancill said:

Dave, YOU ASSume that Galih was offended? or did he privately confide this to you?

You, Mr. C word  who, as I remember, insulted the forum with what YOU percieved as

an everyday expression. Now you tame it down a bit and use the word 'twat'.

I remember you defending your use of the word, while still others found it offensive.

Lets not provoke gestapho Greg here, but I'm hearing self righteous politically correct

hypocracy. And then Ray condemns Lawrence's supposed insult with an insult and

'personal ' attack? 

Personally, I don't care what language someone uses to express a point.

I try to see the 'gist' of the message/communication, no matter what the

mentality level.

If a genius tells a dirty joke to others, is he any less a genius?

Humor, even deplorable humor, is much more sane and acceptable to me,

as opposed to the pathetic hypocracy of those PC police that have no clue

but to hide behind the drama of condemnation of others.     RS

Dave, grounds for offense? that is subjective farce.

Why do you want to be hall monitor? Is it a teacher's pet fetish?

What level of sophisication shall we deem to be the acceptable medium here?

If a tree falls in the woods and no one hears it, does it make a sound?

My guess is that Galih was more confused by the reaction you and Ray

put forth, than by a single opinion/comment offered  by Rickles/ Lawrence.

Anyway, I knew immediately that Captain Insult was being facetious and

meant no malicious harm, but then, I am not a Drama Queen.    RS

You're very slow. This didn't just happen to Galih's music and I never assumed any reaction on his part.

You're trying to make a case out of "grounds for offense" being a subjective farce, but you entirely acknowledge my usage of the word "cunt" as offensive, so you clearly understand the concept of offense being objective. You don't think any of the insults placed were offensive? How about this: I was offended, being an empathic organism, at what I interpreted as an often argumentative and hostile member simply abandoning subtlety and trying to offend people. Lawrence left a bunch of insults on various different pieces of music, without context or explanation. You are working extremely hard to downplay something which you would have been highly unimpressed with from me.

If being hall monitor in this instance means calling out the actions of twats, I'm happy with that. But, of course, you're trying to hall monitor the hall monitor for much less convincing reasons. You're such a drama queen, reacting to this degree.

roger stancill said:

Ya lost me there Dave, you must remember that I am merely a 'give a shit' rube who

enjoys bantering inane tripe just for the sport of it.

Sorry bro', there is no such thing as objective offense.

Offense exists in the realm of the ego, which is subjective.

Therein lies the telling insight into much of human interaction.

Greater than... less than... equal to. ( < = <) .

This simple formula is a key to balance and stability.

This is why people always want to get 'even'.

This is why you(we all) need to understand the meaning of the

concept of 'grace'. Give it a try, and be a peace maker.

Dave Dexter said:

You're very slow. This didn't just happen to Galih's music and I never assumed any reaction on his part.

You're trying to make a case out of "grounds for offense" being a subjective farce, but you entirely acknowledge my usage of the word "cunt" as offensive, so you clearly understand the concept of offense being objective. You don't think any of the insults placed were offensive? How about this: I was offended, being an empathic organism, at what I interpreted as an often argumentative and hostile member simply abandoning subtlety and trying to offend people. Lawrence left a bunch of insults on various different pieces of music, without context or explanation. You are working extremely hard to downplay something which you would have been highly unimpressed with from me.

If being hall monitor in this instance means calling out the actions of twats, I'm happy with that. But, of course, you're trying to hall monitor the hall monitor for much less convincing reasons. You're such a drama queen, reacting to this degree.

roger stancill said:

Roger,

When I first read Mr.Insult, my immediate reaction was that Lawrences' account had been hacked and I was quite perturbed by the crassness of the comments. I half expected a post from the moderators on Lawrences' behalf, exonerating him. When I and others had worked out it was Lawrence, I still had a hard time believing it was him. It was only when he admitted as such that I thought that was not funny, nor appropriate, nor prudent to assume the rest of the (world wide) forum would get it. A simple notification of his hommage to Rickles would have done the trick. I even wondered about who the avatar was, but without context, had nothing to go on.

There are grounds for offence to be taken and if the comments would have been aimed at me, I would have been upset by them and mightily pissed off.

Honestly Roger, your animosity to Dave is such that if he posted that  America is a great country, you'd still probably argue against him. 

Roger, this entire conversation has been about you trying to get even because you have a problem with me, as you see it, being the hall monitor (and failing to spot the irony of calling me out for monitoring whilst also monitoring me). You would not be replying to such lengths if you truly believed in grace and peacemaking, but you badly want to win one of these sparring matches with me. You can't, but you want to. And invoking "grace" after calling me an ass? That's not a thing.

...I just remembered you believe that earthquake conspiracy theory stuff so all this suddenly became much less surprising.

roger stancill said:

Ya lost me there Dave, you must remember that I am merely a 'give a shit' rube who

enjoys bantering inane tripe just for the sport of it.

Sorry bro', there is no such thing as objective offense.

Offense exists in the realm of the ego, which is subjective.

Therein lies the telling insight into much of human interaction.

Greater than... less than... equal to. ( < = <) .

This simple formula is a key to balance and stability.

This is why people always want to get 'even'.

This is why you(we all) need to understand the meaning of the

concept of 'grace'. Give it a try, and be a peace maker.

Dave Dexter said:

roger stancill said:

Hey there Mike, I had no idea that Insult Guy had gone on an across the 'boards' rampage.

None the less, I saw Rickles picture(avatar) and knew immediately what to expect.

Rickles was a comedian. A somewhat deplorable comic, with a twisted schtick, that was geared

towards pot shot insults. Many other comedians do similar' stuff' as a part of their routines. So what.

Rickles made it to Vegas and was 'in it' for the laughs. Vegas does not hire failures. Apparently there

actually were people that thought he was funny.

I saw that he had died. (No loss in my world.) Yet, I knew what Rickles was all about... as to say,

I got it,     but that does not mean that I would ever buy a ticket to his show.

My beef is more the the PC police that read it 'literally' and then condemned the post with an actual

personal attack and insult to the Insult Guy. Isn't that somewhat hypocritical?

Dave must have thought that my earlier comment was aimed at him, by his response. It wasn't.

As a matter of fact, I was shocked and surprised at Ray's comment.

Then, when Lawrence 'fessed up' and explained his position- which I thought was sincerely

delivered,   That too got shot down and insulted.

If the original comment was aimed at me, I would have seen it for what it was and not been

'pissed off' in the slightest. I 'get' the many different levels of humor. I do not jump on the drama

bandwagon or take any of this so seriously.

Also, how in the world is this forum a 'world forum' that ALL will see and read???   With 7.5 billion

people on the planet, this thread has, at present, 299 views, Many of them are the same few people.

Let's keep things in a sane and realistic perspective and not feed the Drama Queens.    RS

Mike Hewer said:

Roger,

When I first read Mr.Insult, my immediate reaction was that Lawrences' account had been hacked and I was quite perturbed by the crassness of the comments. I half expected a post from the moderators on Lawrences' behalf, exonerating him. When I and others had worked out it was Lawrence, I still had a hard time believing it was him. It was only when he admitted as such that I thought that was not funny, nor appropriate, nor prudent to assume the rest of the (world wide) forum would get it. A simple notification of his hommage to Rickles would have done the trick. I even wondered about who the avatar was, but without context, had nothing to go on.

There are grounds for offence to be taken and if the comments would have been aimed at me, I would have been upset by them and mightily pissed off.

Honestly Roger, your animosity to Dave is such that if he posted that  America is a great country, you'd still probably argue against him. 

"Hey there Mike, I had no idea that Insult Guy had gone on an across the 'boards' rampage."

I'd also told you repeatedly this hadn't happened only to Galih's music; you ignored it coming from me.

"Yet, I knew what Rickles was all about... as to say,I got it"

We're right back to the start, so I'll have to pose the question again: You think there was no grounds for a new forum member or one unfamiliar with whatever performance art tribute Lawrence was attempting to be genuinely offended, confidence damaged, and confused all at once? And that if they were, they should simply have "got it"?

"Dave must have thought that my earlier comment was aimed at him, by his response. It wasn't.

As a matter of fact, I was shocked and surprised at Ray's comment."

No, but just as you responded to a comment not aimed at you, I responded to your comment not aimed at me.

"I do not jump on the drama bandwagon or take any of this so seriously."

You really do. Are you joking? You're trying to insinuate a kind of worldly-wise disaffection now, but you cared deeply at the top of this page.

"Also, how in the world is this forum a 'world forum' that ALL will see and read???   With 7.5 billion

people on the planet, this thread has, at present, 299 views, Many of them are the same few people.

Let's keep things in a sane and realistic perspective and not feed the Drama Queens."

So next time you'll shut the fuck up and not be a drama queen when the opportunity arises, I assume.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Chris Merritt.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service