Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hello everyone! My name is James, and I am a 58 yr old married amateur musician. Music has been an essential part of my life for as long as I can remember, and I wrote my first song when I was 13. I erased one of my Dad's eight track tapes to record it onto. I'll never forget his reaction when he expected to hear Neil Diamond, and instead got his son mewling and singing, lol.

I currently own an old Ensoniq SQ 32 +, which was my first workstation, also I do alot of idea sketching on my Yamaha PSR S950, which I think is a great little keyboard. Software wise, I do all my work in Logic, with an insane amount of VSTi synths. Musically, I am all over the map, going from Bach to Bartok and then over to King Crimson.

I am fascinated by synthesis, and a large amount of my time is spent in exploring the ways I can make sounds morph and re-combine, both harmonically and sonically.

So, please don't be shy, and say hello. I am always up for discussion of music and associated things, and collaboration is something I would love to try. Thanks for listening!

Views: 28

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome from me. Although I left analogue synths some time ago - not possible effectively in today's daws, I'm intrigued. I look forward to hearing some of your work.

Cheers,

Dane

Welcome James!

We are of the same vintage. I am as not into sound construction as I once was. At one time I did nothing but sit in front of a keyboard playing new sounds.  It can be a very interesting rabbit hole to go down. I recently bought UNIFY which makes a great way to combine those software synths. This is about as close as I have recently been to sound design.

I had the a PSR and sold it. I'm trying to remember if it was the 950. I honestly can't.  They make wonderful work stations! No monitors needed.

Hope to see you round' here more.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service