Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hi folks,

I wrote music many years ago, when I was at school.  We had two synths (Roland D50 and Ensoniq ESQ-1) and a hardware sequencer (Roland MC500 Mk 2).  So I would write music and record stuff that way.

I always wanted to get back to it, and technology is finally at the place where I can do all that on the computer now.  Took a while to set up, but I'm finally writing new music, and revamping all my old pieces (luckily I still have most of the MIDI data!).

I posted one of my piano solos already: http://composersforum.ning.com/forum/topics/stitches-piano-solo

I'm wondering what styles are permitted/expected here?  Does "composer" specifically mean classical-type arrangements?  I have some pieces to fit that bill.  But I also have more modern vocal tracks, as well as some ragtime/boogie type tracks.  What would be appropriate here?

Also wondering how long you have to be inactive before your account gets deleted, and whether there'll be a warning first.

Thanks,

Rob (aka Disconnectica)

Views: 41

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Rob, any type of composition is welcome, it doesn’t have to be classical -
Gav

Hi Gav,

Thanks for the reply.  Any type though?  I don't see anyone posting songs for example.  Would it be out of place for someone to post pop/rock/alternative songs here?

Gav Brown said:

Hi Rob, any type of composition is welcome, it doesn’t have to be classical -
Gav
Hi Rob, it’s not out of place as long as you are seeking to get composer feedback. It would be out of place if you are promoting or selling an album.
Gav

OK thanks Gav.  I'll try to spread my pieces out over some time though :)

Gav Brown said:

Hi Rob, it’s not out of place as long as you are seeking to get composer feedback. It would be out of place if you are promoting or selling an album.
Gav

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2019   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service