Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

I have composed a three-voice fugue.  

YouTube link

Thanks for listening!

Views: 94

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you very much for your comments!  Cheers!

Bob Porter said:

Modern themes in an old formula. Very nice. Not something I would normally listen too. The modern part that is. But I admire the skill with wich you put it together.

Nice.  I've wanted to write a fugue myself for a while.  The horns are cool but being a string player, I'm wondering what it would sound like with violin, viola & cello.

Very good. I like the tonality, though I can't say what it is based on. Sounds a bit off all the time. Not tonal, not modal, not atonal. Without further analysis, I'd guess it could be some "tonal" system based on a locrian mode or some whole-half-whole-half synthetic scale.

I appreciate your comments.  Violin, viola & cello can be a good combination, too.  I used violin and cello, but also added other types of instruments to enhance the contrast in timbre across the 3 voice lines.

Kevin Keating said:

Nice.  I've wanted to write a fugue myself for a while.  The horns are cool but being a string player, I'm wondering what it would sound like with violin, viola & cello.

Thank you very much for your comments.  Due to the lack of background in music theory, I do not know what scale I have used.  But, you are right.  I did use a little bit unusual tonality although I don't know how to name it.

Johan Halmén said:

Very good. I like the tonality, though I can't say what it is based on. Sounds a bit off all the time. Not tonal, not modal, not atonal. Without further analysis, I'd guess it could be some "tonal" system based on a locrian mode or some whole-half-whole-half synthetic scale.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2019   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service