Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

My fairy tale bagatelle for bassoon and piano duet with sheet music - I'm happy with this one and would love to hear your guys' opinion on it! Just want to be a better composer :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8lHDq_1xmA

Views: 66

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ahh, what a beauty. Truly impressive work, reached the bottom of my heart.

Is it live performance? Very long phrases for the bassoon...

Sometimes the piano vanish, I can't here everything I see on the score.

I love this melodic music and I think you have a perfect choice of instruments, it inspires me.

Congrats to you Oscar

Kjell

Yes, very lovely. I like the harmonic color in the chord changes. Overall, a very successful piece. 

On a more critical note, I wonder about the very high 16th notes on the bassoon. Always risky to venture up there, in my opinion. The notes tend to come out very dry and strained. The other thing I wonder about is all the low notes on the piano. They may swamp the bassoon's delicate middle register. Perhaps a lighter, more transparent accompaniment would be safer? Just some suggestions...

Totally didn't think of that Michael, thanks for your suggestions. In a way I didn't see it being a problem. Glad I posted this here. Happy you liked the feel of it though, means the world to me :)

michael diemer said:

Yes, very lovely. I like the harmonic color in the chord changes. Overall, a very successful piece. 

On a more critical note, I wonder about the very high 16th notes on the bassoon. Always risky to venture up there, in my opinion. The notes tend to come out very dry and strained. The other thing I wonder about is all the low notes on the piano. They may swamp the bassoon's delicate middle register. Perhaps a lighter, more transparent accompaniment would be safer? Just some suggestions...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2021   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service