Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Greetings from Finland!

I just joined on the forums, and thought I would share what I've made previously. :)

I am rather new composer, or well new digital composer at least. I'm on my last semester studying digital sound and commercial music at the University of Tampere.

Fade Away is a track from first year. It's a simple, melancholic track with ...way too loud kick. :D

Then again, I don't re-publish tracks to fix mistakes. Instead trying to learn from those!

I certainly would do some things different now - would lower the kick & snare, but then again I wasn't the main guy behind the mixing table.

Would love some feedback. What works, what doesn't? Kick is obviously too loud, specially on verses. But anything else?

Views: 112

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

its sounds pretty solid to me. Maybe a third verse that sounds completely different just to break it up a little and maybe replace the choir synth with strings but other than that pretty good. 

Thanks for having the time to listen & comment.

I often use the first instrument that just happens to sound "decently good". I guess all of these tracks are demos after all and I would believe they would sound quite different with real time (and skill). The song is very simple and certainly could benefit from an additional part/segment with a "new sound" providing some variance.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2021   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service