Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hello dear composers,

This song is posted to hear your opinions, it is just something I made for fun and I would like to know if I'm going the right direction.

Best regards!

Views: 236

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like it. There is a certain repeating element to it that you vary quite skillfully. It's too easy to get all the action out of drastic mood shifts, so I like this quite a bit.

There are a few (what sounds like) digitial clicks where you (again, I'm guessing) cut & pasted passages together. Use a short cross fade.

Victor.

Thank you for your feedback and hint about the short cross fade Victor! I wrote this work midi in Cubase SX and after exporting this problem somethimes occurs. All the best, Kurt.

Unable to hear this, using a fairly modern Mac computer

Thanks Bob, that worked

Thank you for listening Bob and Gav. I'm glad that the download is working fine. Well, why I wrote this... That day I discovered this nice piece of music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGS3wt8l7-g, Orava from Kilar.

It gave me much inspiration and the same evening External Moods was made as sort of an exercise. I made a lot of pop songs in the past but lately I want to develop more skills in the classical genre. So, that is the direction I want to go.

As I'm learning on my own, advices and feedback from experienced classical composers are always welcome.

All the best!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service