Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Does anyone insert MIDI files created in their notation software directly into their DAW for the final product? Other than less control over dynamics, what are the drawbacks for this approach? It seems like wishful thinking to even hope that this approach could ever be a viable option.

Views: 189

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When I was a student in music school I had access to musicians. That was a long time ago. Student and community groups seldom have time to perform music from unknown composers. I'm not saying that recording live musicians isn't better. I only don't agree that it is always quicker and easier. 

Not a big deal.

It might be fun to try and multi-track a 60 piece orchestra from 4 players. Of course' it can be done. The question is would it be worth it.

Yeah cool, fair points just didn't want anyone getting scared off by potential equipment costs, I love my little H6 haha.

I might have to multi-track some of my pieces soon, so I'm definitely game to try it!

Bob Porter said:

When I was a student in music school I had access to musicians. That was a long time ago. Student and community groups seldom have time to perform music from unknown composers. I'm not saying that recording live musicians isn't better. I only don't agree that it is always quicker and easier. 

Not a big deal.

It might be fun to try and multi-track a 60 piece orchestra from 4 players. Of course' it can be done. The question is would it be worth it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service