Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

A song that I wrote last year, decided to share it with you guys, feel free to share your thoughts/opinions/critiques! I would love to hear feedbacks :D Really appreciate that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0r8YUlMc2E

Views: 135

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very pretty, and great job with the rendering. It was like a cross between cinematic epic with Yanni New Age with a bit of Japanese Anime thrown in there. The only issue is that you fell under the trap of the epic horn like all media composers. The horn does not sound realistic, because you have him play his buzzy fff timbre but in a low dynamic. A real horn player would sound more warm, mellow, and flowing there, but great job.

This was really sweet.  Can you post a score?  At about the 2 min. mark you have a flowing melody which I feel was somewhat choppy because of the piano chords.  Maybe arpeggios would lend a smoother flow.  I think the ending is a little short.  Why not end the melody with a few more chords and a more gradual finish.  There is a lot of 7th chord action, but the structure and variation is better than Yawny.

Thank you!  to both of you @Lawrence Aurich and @Rodney Carlyle Money,

@Lawrence : I'm thinking to do a remake of this song, this song was done last year, had it on my old HD, but maybe I could post a new one with score provided, finally! I've never gotten such detailed feedbacks all these while, thank you so much! This really help!

@Rodney Carlyle : Thank you so much sir! I've never noticed that until you mention it! I realize  that I really need to study orchestra dynamic anatomy more for realism! Now I find that horn really annoying in the song xD Thanks again.

Lawrence Aurich said:

This was really sweet.  Can you post a score?  At about the 2 min. mark you have a flowing melody which I feel was somewhat choppy because of the piano chords.  Maybe arpeggios would lend a smoother flow.  I think the ending is a little short.  Why not end the melody with a few more chords and a more gradual finish.  There is a lot of 7th chord action, but the structure and variation is better than Yawny.

Rodney Carlyle Money said:

Very pretty, and great job with the rendering. It was like a cross between cinematic epic with Yanni New Age with a bit of Japanese Anime thrown in there. The only issue is that you fell under the trap of the epic horn like all media composers. The horn does not sound realistic, because you have him play his buzzy fff timbre but in a low dynamic. A real horn player would sound more warm, mellow, and flowing there, but great job.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2019   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service