Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hi All,

This is one of my compositions for violin and piano, I'm sharing it with all of you. Awaiting comments and constructive criticisms from you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8X9B7rWT5I

Upamanyu

Views: 221

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Upamanyu, it's difficult to get a good feel for this piece because the reverb is too high. The notes run together and the result is rather confusing. Try lowering the reverb, then it will be more apparent what you are trying to do.

I'm attaching a zero-reverb version.

Attachments:

Agreed with the previous poster, the melody does sound very nice and a lot of reverb can help creating an eerie atmosphere but you went overboard with it I think. Just decrease the reverb a bit and you're all set, I don't see anything to change besides that. Good piece. May I ask what VST you used for the solo violin ?

Ah, much better. Now we can appreciate the nice work you've done arranging these two instruments, and the interplay between them. I agree with Raymond that there is a sour note or two in the cadential figure which occurs several times. You might try doing that on a different chord, it sounds like you picked the wrong one.

Thanks. I used EWQL Symphonic Orchestra Gold for the solo violin.

Julien said:

Agreed with the previous poster, the melody does sound very nice and a lot of reverb can help creating an eerie atmosphere but you went overboard with it I think. Just decrease the reverb a bit and you're all set, I don't see anything to change besides that. Good piece. May I ask what VST you used for the solo violin ?

I like it. Sounds like it's in a big room, but it has that performance feel.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service