Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Greetings,

one source of inspiration for me is C Debussy. I sympathize with his approach to music as purely emotional and his refuse to follow any rules and structures. 

This piece is rather long but second half is a variation of the first half so comments on first half is also appreciated.

Maybe the intro is to rough. The purpose of this lively part is to form a brutal contrast to what follows, the calm and harmonic section. It would be interesting to hear what you think of this particular idea.

I chose a German title since I think this expression sings by itself and I had la Mer in mind when composing.

https://soundcloud.com/user-892939153/das-wunderschone-baum-spiegel...

Views: 125

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for listening Saul. Yes La Mer is probably the one I had in mind. Actually, its first title was 'The Unheard Sound de la Mer', but I am not sure how much I related to CD during composing. It is absolutely no attempt to mimic this great composer, there is no point in that.

Thanks for your comment

Kjell

Saul Gefen said:

Debussy himself didn't create the impressionist movement within music rather composers who came before him have already set up the groundwork for the genre and style to emerge. Felix Mendelssohn is one of them with his tone poem style of writing especially found in his program music Fingal's Cave and Overture to a Midsummer nights dream. There were others as well, Liszt was one of them and also to some degree Schumann as well. There is nothing wrong with saying that it is Debussy inspired because Debussy's style itself is strongly rooted in the classical romantic styles before it branched out to impressionism. 

Personally I think that there is some Debussy inspired in Kjell work, please listen to La Mer for reference.

Saul

Nice!
I really like the transition at 0:53, and the use of contrasts throughout the music. It's the first composition of you I'm listening to, I'm impressed by your level.

Thank you very much, Gilles, for your kind words.

Kjell

Gilles C. said:

Nice!
I really like the transition at 0:53, and the use of contrasts throughout the music. It's the first composition of you I'm listening to, I'm impressed by your level.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service