Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Paying a tribute to my favorite composer.

Created with MuseScore 2, performed with Xsample, edited in Reaper.

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Slava

Just listening to you realisation of DS's quartet - very enjoyable listen. I've never in fact listened to this particular work before - I'm famiiar with his 1st, 5th & 7th symphonies and of course his Jazz Suites (who isn't). I have to say I'm a bigger fan of Serge Sergeovitch but I occasionally dip into DS - I've read a couple of biographies and he seems to me to be a pretty intersting if tortured character. Not the most melodic of Quartets but enjoyable nevertheless

What I particularly like and appreciate is your synched score - not everyone on this forum posts a score but I find them really helpfull and actually seeing the music helps me to appreciate it more. There's definitely a certain aesthetic to a score aside from the purely musical stuff  - I can see all sorts of weird and wonderfull shapes, all of which goes a long way to demistifying it.

What I would really like to see is Schubert's quintet and Borodins quartet given this treatment (unfortunately when I listen to Borodin I can't help but think of the Peggy O'Keefe trio playing the second movement as Baubles, Bangles, Bright Shiny Beads)!

Xsample strings is a new one to me - sounds ok, did you import your Musescore score into Reaper as a MusicXML/midi file - how did you do the score synch thing,? I'd really like to try this out myself.

Thanks, Colin

Colin, both of those are on YouTube with synced scores!

Scrolling score with audio can be found very easily on Youtube--

just enter the name of the composer, and/or work, etc and add "w/ score",  no quotes.

Thanks Bob

https://soundcloud.com/bob-morabito

Hi, Colin.
Thank you for watching and the comments. This is my 2nd video score of D. Shostakovich and I'm pleased to hear you found it helpful.

Every time I enter note in MuseScore looking at the original score I try to follow his thoughts. Somehow it brings me joy. Do you know that he spent just several days to write down this quartet? What a genius!  

After completion of 5 movements I captured screen with Debut and imported .mp4 and MIDI files to Reaper where all the fun continued. For synchronization I split video file and change rate of the item.

Have fun with your score! 

Slava

Colin Dougall said:

Hi Slava

Just listening to you realisation of DS's quartet - very enjoyable listen. I've never in fact listened to this particular work before - I'm famiiar with his 1st, 5th & 7th symphonies and of course his Jazz Suites (who isn't). I have to say I'm a bigger fan of Serge Sergeovitch but I occasionally dip into DS - I've read a couple of biographies and he seems to me to be a pretty intersting if tortured character. Not the most melodic of Quartets but enjoyable nevertheless

What I particularly like and appreciate is your synched score - not everyone on this forum posts a score but I find them really helpfull and actually seeing the music helps me to appreciate it more. There's definitely a certain aesthetic to a score aside from the purely musical stuff  - I can see all sorts of weird and wonderfull shapes, all of which goes a long way to demistifying it.

What I would really like to see is Schubert's quintet and Borodins quartet given this treatment (unfortunately when I listen to Borodin I can't help but think of the Peggy O'Keefe trio playing the second movement as Baubles, Bangles, Bright Shiny Beads)!

Xsample strings is a new one to me - sounds ok, did you import your Musescore score into Reaper as a MusicXML/midi file - how did you do the score synch thing,? I'd really like to try this out myself.

Thanks, Colin

Thanks John, didn't know that. CD

I've seen a lot more of these pop up on YouTube over the past few years.  Whenever I am seeking out a new piece, I do a search on YouTube first to see if someone posted a video score...

Colin Dougall said:

Thanks John, didn't know that. CD

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2018   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service