Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hi,

I'm still continuing with this project of writing these String Concertos.

This latest one is in A major. It has two movement.

Best Wishes,

Saul

Concerto for Strings In A major

Views: 83

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Saul,

Impressive work. The string orchestra has a very realistic sound, although set in a rather overwhelmingly hoge ambience. What I miss is some variation in playing techniques. You've mainly used the percussive bowings in all sorts of chord progressions. Playing with tempo changes brings some variation, but not enough contrast in the whole piece (to my taste).

But again, it's a really impressive work and well performed!

Jos

WO W !

This is one of the most beautiful and interesting piece of music I listened from a long time.

Must dig into the rest of the series…

Paintings are also really pleasant.

Thank You Jos for your kind comments and glad you liked it.

Not using a real orchestra and real musicians to interpret my music has its limitations. I try not to use anything that doesn't help the music sound as natural as possible. That is why I use only certain techniques and others I discard. This is basically a performance of myself performing the music. The differences between an orchestra playing the music from a score with a conductor and the composer playing it from a Keyboard using a composition software are staggering, so I try to keep it sounding closest to the original feel of an orchestra as much as possible.

I have achieved a certain level of keeping it as close as possible to an Orchestral performance by developing certain  unique techniques through trial and error. I think that playing it yourself instead of adding notes and letting the software perform makes a major difference in the overall sound quality and natural sound of the composition. The software that I'm using is Albion one. The things that can be achieved with this software are amazing, but it is very important to find the techniques that work for you, and this can be either taught by an Albion one expert or by yourself through trial and error. Naturally everyone would find in this program whatever works best for them.

Regards,

Saul

Jos Wylin said:

Hi Saul,

Impressive work. The string orchestra has a very realistic sound, although set in a rather overwhelmingly hoge ambience. What I miss is some variation in playing techniques. You've mainly used the percussive bowings in all sorts of chord progressions. Playing with tempo changes brings some variation, but not enough contrast in the whole piece (to my taste).

But again, it's a really impressive work and well performed!

Jos

Thank you Fabio! Glad you liked the music!

Thanks for listening!

Best Wishes,

Saul

Fabio Biolcati said:

WO W !

This is one of the most beautiful and interesting piece of music I listened from a long time.

Must dig into the rest of the series…

Paintings are also really pleasant.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2021   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service