Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Inspired by JS Bach's work, I have composed a Bach'ish music.  This is a concerto for piano and strings.  Thank you very much.

Concerto for Piano and Strings

Views: 248

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mike,

I compose contemporary piano instrumental and trailer-like orchestral music.  Occasionally, I do some musical experiment.  The following is an example of my humble attempt to fuse Korean traditional tune and Baroque musical style (fugue on a pentatonic scale);

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v1O2bEZ0Vw

Thanks!

Mike Hewer said:

... just listened to some of your composition "Partita Concordia for string trio" and enjoyed it very much!  I see you also like Bach…

Thanks Minseo,  that piece is just a tribute to him and earlier masters, glad you enjoyed it. Do you write in any other styles?

Hi Minseo

What a charming conceit your Doraji Fugue is. Just about the right length for a limited palette and it works very well.

I too have embarked on a Prelude and Fugue project inspired by others on this forum, but mine are very contemporary in language and style.

Mike.

Hello Mike,

Thank you very much for your compliment. Actually, I need to learn a lot from a professional musician like you. I salute your effort to keep fugal tradition to evolve….  Cheers!

Mike Hewer said:

Hi Minseo

What a charming conceit your Doraji Fugue is. Just about the right length for a limited palette and it works very well.

I too have embarked on a Prelude and Fugue project inspired by others on this forum, but mine are very contemporary in language and style.

Mike.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service