Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

This seems like a great forum to discuss composition techniques so I wonder if I can raise a discussion on composing for a small number of instruments.

What do you think are the advantages and limitations of writing for small groups? How best can you express your musical ideas and harmony?

I am interested specifically in composition for trio as I am working on a trio piece at the moment, and I am intrigued by the unique setting provided by three instruments.

Does anybody have any suggestions of trio pieces that I could study?

Views: 1066

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Janet! And thank you for all your input.

Janet Spangenberg said:

"Nostalgic" and "human" are things Blade reflects, for sure, so I'd say you've done a great job reaching your objective.

Quite superb ............. I enjoyed the music much more than the film. Thank you for sharing.

Hi Luci,

Any chance of uploading the final score - it would be interesting / instructive to see how it has changed from the version that you uploaded before, assuming that you made changes after you had the rehearsal with live musicians?

Charles

Thank you Christopher for listening, I'm pleased you enjoyed it!

Christopher Mracna said:

Quite superb ............. I enjoyed the music much more than the film. Thank you for sharing.

Hi Charles,

No problem to upload the performed score, it's attached here. As I mentioned earlier there were some slight changes pencilled in for performance, mainly the harmonic notations in the strings, and the harmonic work-arounds in the cor, these changes aren't on this copy.

Cheers,

L

Charles E Gaskell said:

Hi Luci,

Any chance of uploading the final score - it would be interesting / instructive to see how it has changed from the version that you uploaded before, assuming that you made changes after you had the rehearsal with live musicians?

Charles

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2021   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service