Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

The Composers’ Forum is looking for members who are interested in participating in a collaborative treatise on the subject of Atonalism, to be presented on this site. 3 members are needed in order for the project to be a go. You can express interest by replying on this thread or PMing me. The deadline to express interest is 9/30/18 at 5 pm EST. Feel free also to ask any questions you may have by replying to this thread.

Views: 536

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is fine Gav, I know that I cannot be active at least till next November, so thanks for clarifying all that and for your decline. I feel that I already have offered something important to this thread, although you may consider it as unimportant, and that is raising an awareness towards a more responsible linguistic approach to wrong terminologies. Although we have inherited this terminology from a glorious past tradition that is not to say that it is correct or that we don’t have the right to state our opinions and if possible to correct it and change it on more objective linguistic terms.

All the best with your endeavour.

Thanks again Socrates!
Best -
Gav

Deadline extended! Now 9/30/18 at 5 pm EST. See OP for details -

Deadline approaching - 9/30/18 at 5 pm EST!

Deadline in one week!

Deadline imminent! 9/30/18 at 5 pm EST

Since this project is a no go, I just want to say that I was going to suggest that rather than coining a new term for Atonal it might be better to add a new definition being something like "Terza Prattica" (third practice) and as a homage to the astute observation behind Monteverdi's "Seconda Prattica". 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2018   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service