Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

I've been reading through some older posts before saying anything and from what I've found I think I'm going to be very happy here!

I'm privileged to have had a successful career in what might still be called sacred music - hymns, text setting, occasional organ recitals. By successful I am speaking very relatively. It was enough to keep me busy and just about in groceries. I have always and unfortunately most enjoyed the work that led to the least income and greatest pleasure in others!

After many years I have felt stifled with my by-necessity strictured output. I have never worked with computers, favouring hand-written manuscript that others than did the necessaries with, but I have begun hesitantly using software to create and record new music. This new music is wholly different from the polyphony and homophony of my sacred work. After so many years being compelled to stay "within the rails" I am exploring into highly dissonant territory. It is truly joyous to be free although you may not find them easy listening!

I hope you will bear with me as I ask the advice of other composers here who have made the same move as me. Thank you!

Charles Holt (Charlie)

Views: 42

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Charles and Welcome!

Sounds like you are at an interesting point in your career! We look forward to hearing your music!

Hi Charles..welcome! Glad to have you here :)

Thanks Bob https://soundcloud.com/bob-morabito

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2018   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service