Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hello, I'm new here, and I wanted to post a piece I just finished. It's a piece for piano and voice based on a poem by Paul Verlaine, Chanson d'Automne. In the video, the voice is substituted with a clarinet though.

I'd be happy to have some feedback about it :)

François

Views: 97

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi François.

You must absolutely find a singer for this.

The clarinet version is an interesting piece per se, but it's just a blueprint compared to the vocal setting you wrote for.

Best

Thanks for your comment :) I agree with you, though it's going to be difficult for me to find someone to perform this, so I suspect it's going to remain like this for a little while.

Fabio Biolcati said:

Hi François.

You must absolutely find a singer for this.

The clarinet version is an interesting piece per se, but it's just a blueprint compared to the vocal setting you wrote for.

Best

Francois Jenno said:

It's going to be difficult for me to find someone to perform this, so I suspect it's going to remain like this for a little while.

Hire someone, it deserves it: get in touch with a teacher, ask if some pupil is interested in overdubbing his/her voice to the piano part. I also see people offer this kind of service over the internet.

Best

This immediately reminded me of the mood most of the world is probably in right now. I didn't look at the score, but it seems to be in A and you are moving to the G instead of the Ab in the 7th giving it that melancholic feel. Makes a nice slow Jazz arrangement.

Thanks for sharing.

I am now tempted to try this, I'll see what I can do, thanks for suggesting it :)

Fabio Biolcati said:

Hire someone, it deserves it: get in touch with a teacher, ask if some pupil is interested in overdubbing his/her voice to the piano part. I also see people offer this kind of service over the internet.

Best

Thanks for the comment, I was aiming for a melancholic feel so it's good to hear that :)

Timothy Smith said:

This immediately reminded me of the mood most of the world is probably in right now. I didn't look at the score, but it seems to be in A and you are moving to the G instead of the Ab in the 7th giving it that melancholic feel. Makes a nice slow Jazz arrangement.

Thanks for sharing.

I have used an internet company called The Happy Choir to record vocals before and been pleased with the results

I just checked them, and they seem good. Thanks for suggesting!

Gav Brown said:

I have used an internet company called The Happy Choir to record vocals before and been pleased with the results

A lovely song. Poignant. Yes, get it sung as soon as possible. 

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed :) I'm going to try to

Dane Aubrun said:

A lovely song. Poignant. Yes, get it sung as soon as possible. 

Very cool piece.

But in the middle of all the adventurous harmonies you really should not have that octave parallel in measure 5. To me that really stood out as disrupting the mood.

Thanks for the feedback :) I can see your point, I'm not sure how I personally feel

Victor Eijkhout said:

Very cool piece.

But in the middle of all the adventurous harmonies you really should not have that octave parallel in measure 5. To me that really stood out as disrupting the mood.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service