Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

CF new proposed contest - EMOTION - call for opinions

Hi colleagues,

Some of you know me, and some of you don't. I am a regular member on this site, and have run composition contests here for years. I usually do this about twice a year, and it's been a while since I have run one. This time, the theme of the contest is "EMOTION." The idea is to capture a single emotion, such as "Sadness," or "Happiness." My call to you: what emotion should this contest be based on? Please respond by February, 2/28/16 by 5 pm EST. Whatever emotion is said the most will be the theme of the proposed contest. Please reply on this thread with a one-word-answer if interested.

Gav

Views: 394

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The confusing thing is that Roger's attack on those damn liberals was completely out of left field, there's been no discussion here of recent political events.

Bob Porter said:

Sorry, Gav. I'll be good.

Though I think that "no consensuses" is not challenging enough. If you consider music to be emotion, any piece would do. 

How about nostalgia?

Maybe this will help

Attachments:

Thanks to all who have replied so far! I'll take suggestions for another week and then make a proposal sometime shortly after that

I agree with Michael Lofting:

" . . . why not allow the entries to express the emotion that is the title of their piece?"

This allows for the fulfillment of the contest goal, while also encouraging a maximum of creativity for the composer.  Each composer, depending upon their development, and the current phase of their work, may feel better able to express a certain type of emotion during the contest period.

I was looking at the pretty flower that Roger posted.

Perhaps the contest should be to pick a petal and use the three aspects shown.

E.g. use distraction, surprise and amazement in a piece.

I second Mike's idea.

Michael, I like it your suggestion. It gives the project focus yet leaves(no  pun) things

wide open for interesting possibilities.  

Michael Lofting said:

I was looking at the pretty flower that Roger posted.

Perhaps the contest should be to pick a petal and use the three aspects shown.

E.g. use distraction, surprise and amazement in a piece.

"Whatever emotion is said the most will be the theme of the proposed contest. Please reply on this thread with a one-word-answer if interested."

Joy.

If it must be a one word answer, then I submit....passion  passion passion passion passion passion passion

passion passion passion passion passion passion passion passion passion passion passion passion passion

passion passion passion passion passion passio passion passion passion passion passion passion passion.

Does that count as most said?

Thanks to all who commented, contest proposal coming soon!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service