Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hey Composers!

You may have noticed there's been some pockets of anxiety and offensive behavior along with our growing propensity for trolling/derailing. Lots of stuff to make it tough on our little forum!

I believe that everyone here is good people, with good intent, and interested in developing as a musician/composer here. A lot of points get lost or created because text is very difficult to read emotion and sarcasm. There are also a few who have let the intensity of who we are cause themselves strife and that spills out into their writing.

I think one thing that might be super good for the forum, and would be a lot of fun also would be if we joined a Google Hangout and do a video conference call. We can just get together and meet each other, face to face, and at least initially just meet and have small talk.

So, I will be hosting a Composers' Forum Google Hangout video conference call this coming Wednesday, 4/27/16 at 3:30pm eastern time!

I will post a link here once I start the stream and all are welcome to join me! I'd really like to get to know you, and I am hoping you would like that too! If the time isnt great dont worry! If we can get even 3 or 4 to join this time and it works well, I will try to do them like bi-weekly maybe. I hope to see you Wednesday!

Views: 1335

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I found some illuminating quotes from Roger on the subject of homosexuality. If you fear I've quote mined from context, the full context - which is actually worse - is here.

"To your mind and reasoning, what is the 'purpose and function of 'gay'? In a healthy world.

So yes, I ask the question, from a let's say clinical perspective... what is the
purpose and function of 'gay'. Why do people chose to be gay?

I chose not to be a crook or a thief. I chose not to use drugs.
Some of my old high school friends chose drugs, and they are now dead.
By observation and intelligent deduction I have also chosen not to pound a
sledgehammer on my bare foot to see if it hurts. I choose not to be gay.

Humans can, by freedom of choice, override instinct and natural purpose, and make
pleasure the goal rather than the incentive, or means to an end.

If I ask, for instance, as a straight man, How is gay different from
pedephilia,  that is not to say I support or condemn either."

It's clearer now why Roger can't or won't recognise homophobia (treating "gay" as a unique oddity for study instead of a same-sex analog to "straight", thinking it's a matter of choice, comparisons to criminality/death from drug use/blunt instrument trauma, something unpleasant about how "gay" overrides "instinct and natural purpose" to prioritise pleasure, comparisons to paedophilia; though quickly qualified, because of course Roger does not actually compare them except when he did). Oh, and there was the use of "gay" as a pejorative in a recent thread.

Yes, this man is truly the arbiter on what is homophobic bigotry and who has the right to challenge it.

Joseph has made his position clear in an eloquent and considered way.... how about you Roger, I'd be interested to read your response to Dave's last post in particular.

And so why is it Roger's responsibility to purge the world of Dave's [perceived] imperfections?

Is Roger tending to his own house?

Think about it.

roger stancill said:

And No, I do not see how it is your responsibility to purge the world of the

imperfections of others. Tend to your own house.

Roger is not acting but reacting. Therein lies the justification. I did something he thinks was bad so he's reacting to it in a morally laudable way, and I was not myself reacting to external stimuli in any way so when I did it, it's . . . wrong? Roger is now mentioning this on wholly unrelated posts with statements like "I may disagree with all that is LGBT but..." so I assume he's aware of some inconsistencies with the defense.

Kristofer Emerig said:

And so why is it Roger's responsibility to purge the world of Dave's [perceived] imperfections?

Is Roger tending to his own house?

Think about it.

roger stancill said:

And No, I do not see how it is your responsibility to purge the world of the

imperfections of others. Tend to your own house.

Yes, and therein lies the error. It is a fallacious dichotomy. Everything is connected, and action and reaction are fully integrated and indistinguishable.

This "justification" is merely Roger's easy and frequent rationalization for the hypocrisy to which I've pointed over and over again. Others' transgressions are borne of a failure of character, but His always come with a ready-constructed righteous justification found in the actions of others.  

How convenient a rationalization; to hold oneself exempt from the very standards by which one judges others so unmercifully..

Dave "THE BEST" Dexter said:

Roger is not acting but reacting. Therein lies the justification.

Nikola did a similar thing. "What right do you have to judge and decide what is right and wrong? I judge you as a terrible person on the basis of your actions even though that would violate my own statements"

And free speech, of course, freedom of speech meant Wes could say what he liked but my delivering of those words to a connected party was a violation of free speech :D

Kristofer Emerig said:

Yes, and therein lies the error. It is a fallacious dichotomy. Everything is connected, and action and reaction are fully integrated and indistinguishable.

This "justification" is merely Roger's easy and frequent rationalization for the hypocrisy to which I've pointed over and over again. Others' transgressions are borne of a failure of character, but His always come with a ready-constructed righteous justification found in the actions of others.  

How convenient a rationalization; to hold oneself exempt from the very standards by which one judges others so unmercifully..

Dave "THE BEST" Dexter said:

Roger is not acting but reacting. Therein lies the justification.

This is NOT the forum to discuss homosexuality. Im driving 14 hours today and im going to be tired and pissed off. God help the person that has decided to attack or even discuss gays on this forum.
I HIGHLY SUGGEST you police yourselves and delete sny thread when you discuss homosexuality. If i come jome and find you posted on it, im deleting it. If u posted about it more than once, or once in a hateful manner, 1 week ban, anything more, perma ban

This IS NOT the forum to discuss ANYTHING not related to music

Mike, I'd be glad to answer any questions you have. You are welcome to contact me

on my page. Dave is merely trying to flip the focus and avoid my questions by making

this about me.

I am not defending Wesley, I was asking where the hatred was, to understand why Dave

would post what he did.

Meanwhile..... back to the circle fest   : >/

Mike Hewer said:

Joseph has made his position clear in an eloquent and considered way.... how about you Roger, I'd be interested to read your response to Dave's last post in particular.

Wes: "The little feature film is a Homosexuals fantasy...it will play in GAY movie festivals....and then be in the bargain bin under the John Holmes electric Dildo's wherever cross dressers shop in whatever boys towns there are ... I have MUCH more on my plate than this Fag Film...."
Roger: Where is the hatred?

roger stancill said:

I was asking where the hatred was, to understand why Dave would post what he did.

CEASE! NOW!! Im fucking tired of hearing you all hurt each other for giggles and ego, JUST. STOP. THERE IS NO MORE DISCUSSION OF THIS ON MY THREAD ABOUT COMERADERIE. Merry fucking Christmas tmas

Eloquently stated.

Chris Alpiar said:

CEASE! NOW!! Im fucking tired of hearing you all hurt each other for giggles and ego, JUST. STOP. THERE IS NO MORE DISCUSSION OF THIS ON MY THREAD ABOUT COMERADERIE. Merry fucking Christmas tmas

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Chris Merritt.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service