Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Some easy listening for Piano and Electric Guitar...

Saul

Beautiful

Views: 103

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very well constructed keys arrangement Saul.

At least two instruments that seldom ever seem to sound real when sampled in my opinion are electric guitars and violins. Sometimes the way the instrument is played makes a huge difference since guitarists often bend notes and play fast runs. The most apparent thing is the string pluck. A keys player hits the note on a key that initiates the hammer in the piano and a guitarist is either using a plectrum or playing with their fingers giving a totally different kind of attack. 

Some sample libraries have caught up if the player can play the inflections. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Tim,

This guitar sound is from soundtrap (from the membership section, you actually got to pay in order to use their sound) they really did a good job with their guitar sounds, its very handy when you the composer are playing each instrument separately and then combining each sound into a cohesive composition.

Now that I think about it after several listenings, this piece has that 'country music' feel to it, and it wouldn't be a bad idea to add some lyrics to it. Of course it also has a classical feel, especially with the addition of the piano and its pretty simple harmony. I think its a good idea to sometimes combine different styles and genres.

Best Wishes, 

Never heard of soundtrap. I'm glad to hear you found a source of sounds that were helpful. I never would have imagined that you might like country music. Now we have different genres of country, there's old country, new country and country rock:)

Hi,

I do like some folk, light rock and country music, especially the old ones, I like it because generally, it is what I would describe as 'clean music' rather then the vast amount of 'junk' that is found nowadays. A large amount of Modern country music also has fallen into the junkiness that pretty much defines most of popular music. But even said that, today, country and folk music generally are cleaner and stand on a better place then what people describe as pop music.

Timothy Smith said:

Never heard of soundtrap. I'm glad to hear you found a source of sounds that were helpful. I never would have imagined that you might like country music. Now we have different genres of country, there's old country, new country and country rock:)

I like the piece, especialy the piano part is cool.

It sounds like the guitar is consistently a fraction behind the beat. Do you need to switch to low-latency mode? Whenever I forget to do thatt in Logic I get these kind of offsets.

Thank you Victor,

I'm not aware of the problem there in Logic, but yes some sections of the guitar could have been entered with greater precision, there is always room for improvement.

Regards

Victor Eijkhout said:

I like the piece, especialy the piano part is cool.

It sounds like the guitar is consistently a fraction behind the beat. Do you need to switch to low-latency mode? Whenever I forget to do thatt in Logic I get these kind of offsets.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2021   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service