Bagatelle In C sharp minor

Regards,

Saul

Views: 83

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Schindler's List springs to mind

Hi,

I wonder why, I was not thinking about this topic, nor the music has anything to do with Williams' music it is not even remotely similar. 

Regards

Tillerich said:

Schindler's List springs to mind

Very enjoyable to listen to -- it reminds me of Chopin, though the melodic line is more straightforward than his usually are.  Another Chopinesque thing is that it has at least to me a certain Eastern European feeling, maybe because of the key.  I could see this being an effective and evocative music track for a period drama film or video.

From about 1:12 on, I found this quite exquisite. Agree with Jon, Chopin was the first composer that came to mind listening to this. Before 1:12, I felt the rhythmically simpler music with which the piece begins was spun out too much - would like to have heard that as a first paragraph so to speak. Once you ventured away from there, it became truly beautiful and Chopinesque.

BTW, I must say, Saul, your piano playing has wonderful tone!

Hi,

Thank you for your comments, I think you are correct to say that it has an Eastern European feel because I was born in Eastern Europe, Maybe it had something to do with that.

Best,

Saul

Jon Corelis said:

Very enjoyable to listen to -- it reminds me of Chopin, though the melodic line is more straightforward than his usually are.  Another Chopinesque thing is that it has at least to me a certain Eastern European feeling, maybe because of the key.  I could see this being an effective and evocative music track for a period drama film or video.

Thank You Liz.

I personally like the beginning theme the most , it is a different feeling when you're playing it. 

I'm surprised about the Chopin similarity of style. But I take that as a compliment, much appreciated.

Liz Atems said:

From about 1:12 on, I found this quite exquisite. Agree with Jon, Chopin was the first composer that came to mind listening to this. Before 1:12, I felt the rhythmically simpler music with which the piece begins was spun out too much - would like to have heard that as a first paragraph so to speak. Once you ventured away from there, it became truly beautiful and Chopinesque.

BTW, I must say, Saul, your piano playing has wonderful tone!

Dear Saul, what a moving piano piece!! I love it from beginning to end!!! I could listen to it over and over. . .indeed a Chopin flavor in the piece...can you present the notes? Thank you!!!
Gerd

Wow Saul! It's a very beautiful piece! I don't want to be reminded of any other composer, this is a Saul Gefen.

Did you have anything particular in mind while writing this?

Thanks for posting....

Thank you Gerd for your very kind words. Glad you enjoy this music. I'm still working on the score. 

Regards

Gerd Prengel said:

Dear Saul, what a moving piano piece!! I love it from beginning to end!!! I could listen to it over and over. . .indeed a Chopin flavor in the piece...can you present the notes? Thank you!!!
Gerd

Thank you Joost!

I had the melody main theme in mind for quite some time, maybe more then a year. I got the melody while improvising on the piano and decided to develop it even further, I finally got to do it recently, and thus you have the completed work.

I would say that the piece is romantic and evokes feelings of love and inspiration.

Glad you enjoyed it, Best of Wishes!

Joost Visser said:

Wow Saul! It's a very beautiful piece! I don't want to be reminded of any other composer, this is a Saul Gefen.

Did you have anything particular in mind while writing this?

Thanks for posting....

Very nice. Your piano playing is perfect on this piece, which lives up to its name. Thank you for sharing this. 

Thank you Myron!

Myron said:

Very nice. Your piano playing is perfect on this piece, which lives up to its name. Thank you for sharing this. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service