Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hi Folks, I recorded this piece last night and would like to hear your thoughts on it. I do plan on revisiting this for some more post processing, when listening today I noticed a few areas I could improve on, such as the final sections and some timing issues throughout, if there is anything else you might add/lose please let me know.

This is a piece built around the piano chord sequence and is quite slow moving but gradually builds momentum as it embraces the orchestral instruments and draws to a climax.

This was recorded using Reaper software, my MIDI keyboard and some VST's.

Thanks a million,

Conor.

Views: 69

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice sound production in this recording. I think that the piece is reasonable in itself in the context of incidental music in a film.

Why it doesn't make more of an impact is because the chord sequence is too predictable for the more seasoned listener. We've heard too many pieces in G minor which eventually resolve back to tonic after D major- and the piece is basically variations on that particular chord sequence.

So it depends who you write for. To keep me interested (And maybe others here) I would have liked a move away from G minor much sooner.

For a sad bit of incidental music it probably fits the bill really well.
This is a very interesting piece Conor. I agree with Adrian, modulating from g minor to maybe something else. An example would be that since g minor is the relative minor of B flat major you could modulate to that and find a place in the score to allow the B flat major to turn into minor. Though I do really like this piece, especially when the drums come in, it is very inspiring.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2021   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service