Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

So I recently got a new job as a composer for a YouTube company, and I've moved to the Philippines. I wanted to share my first fully produced piece that I wrote for this company, Freedom!. The piece aptly named Ave Libertas (Hail Freedom!). 

The vocal track is a temp track. I am bringing in a professional singer this week to record some "chanting". 

Thanks for listening and ALL critiques, good, bad or indifferent are welcome as always. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-1KjQx_Tv9sZ003T0ZqdkdDN0U

Views: 69

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There you go, for anyone and everyone there's somewhere in the world.

Good luck.

Interesting music.  It seems to start with helicopter sounds, so I assume the freedom is recent in history.  The vocal has an Islamic quality.  Is the freedom from Spain?  Islam?  The U.S.?  W.W.II?  Some recent dictator? 

On second thought, it might be wiser to keep your inspirations veiled.  I enjoyed the piece.

You're probably right. Thanks for listening!

Congratulations on the new gig and move!

I like the piece.  You avoid the pitfalls of repetitiveness that bothers/tires me in a lot of music with a similar aesthetic.  I bet you will be very successful in your new role.

My only suggestion is that perhaps in today's Zeitgeist, the title should be Vale Libertas??  :D

Stay safe in the Philippines.

Thanks! I appreciate the comments! :)

DriscollMusick said:

Congratulations on the new gig and move!

I like the piece.  You avoid the pitfalls of repetitiveness that bothers/tires me in a lot of music with a similar aesthetic.  I bet you will be very successful in your new role.

My only suggestion is that perhaps in today's Zeitgeist, the title should be Vale Libertas??  :D

Stay safe in the Philippines.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service