Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hey all, 

This is my most recent piece--would love to hear what you think!

Views: 190

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Before commenting further, your pad needs some serious EQ, do you hear all the mudd ? the bass is literally killing my ears. Do a band pass to try and find the spot where the mud is and get rid of it

That being said, I enjoyed it overall, I wasn't a fan of the sounds added later on, too might high end. Again it's hurting my ears... if you high passed these sounds I think it might work. (the screaming parts)

In the last part the bass could use a high pass as well.

Overall I enjoyed the track, I love the vibe and the melody. There's just a lot of technical probelems, with EQ mainly. Hope this helps

Thanks for the input!

What you're hearing on the pad is a sub bass plugin. I was back and forth on it at first but ended up going with it, deciding it filled in the bassless low frequency

I see what you're saying about the high end overload. It's really around 500-1khz. I high passed just about everything and even tried to cut some of the sounds down in that frequency range, but they all seem to hit it. This song was really an exercise in mixing/mastering for me. It's basically the first one I've tried doing all that myself. So, it was a learning experience. I'll probably go back and tinker with the EQ more to try and balance things out.

Thanks again!

Ok, here is my most recent version. Tell me what you think:

https://soundcloud.com/blakksun311/aurora

I still think that sub bass at the beginning needs a bit more of a band pass where the bass is building up but hey that's a matter of taste.

As far as the screaming sounds it's much better now, it blends in much better with the track, good job. I followed you on soundcloud (Jaycay).

I really like what you do

I'm going through your soundcloud at the moment, I really really enjoy it :)

I listened to the first version when you posted it despite not saying anything, but wanted to add that your updated version sounds clearer to me even though the differences seem rather subtle at times. I like the textures you use in this one quiet a lot. 

Thank you very much! You've got some sick stuff too man.

I'll play around with the sub bass a little, see if I can see what you're talking about. 

Julien said:

I still think that sub bass at the beginning needs a bit more of a band pass where the bass is building up but hey that's a matter of taste.

As far as the screaming sounds it's much better now, it blends in much better with the track, good job. I followed you on soundcloud (Jaycay).

I really like what you do

I'm going through your soundcloud at the moment, I really really enjoy it :)

Awesome! Thank you :)

Donya Quick said:

I listened to the first version when you posted it despite not saying anything, but wanted to add that your updated version sounds clearer to me even though the differences seem rather subtle at times. I like the textures you use in this one quiet a lot. 

Beautiful.

Fredrick zinos said:

A little snippet of Shostakovitch idea of "Aurora"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8bwzRF9h6w

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service