Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

This was a piece where I was forced to use only vi-IV-I-V (and the music had to be around 2:20 or less). Since this is my best romantic-impressionistic work so far, I would like some criticism to see what I can improve on.

Arctic Petals (Score + Audio)

Views: 40

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Randy,

Lovely and affecting, very well done. You took a traditional chord pattern and put a fresh take on it -

Thanks for sharing,

Gav

It is very beautiful, I love it. Well done. I can not wait to hear more of this. Spectacular in every sense. You took that vi-IV-I-V progression to a completely next level. Bravo Bravo Bravo Randy. Your build ups are very catchy, the use of dynamics and everything, and I loved how your build ups end with some kind of an explosion and then the explosion collects itself some how to rebuild the connectivity and hold the theme together. I salute you. You are very talented. More plz of this :)

Thank you; I'm glad you enjoy this piece :)

Gav Brown said:

Hi Randy,

Lovely and affecting, very well done. You took a traditional chord pattern and put a fresh take on it -

Thanks for sharing,

Gav

Thank you; I'm glad to see that you enjoy this composition! Maybe one day I'll post more compositions on this site for feedback. On my profile should contain a link to my Musescore account, which contains all of my compositions starting from over two years ago ;)

Islam Y.Omari said:

It is very beautiful, I love it. Well done. I can not wait to hear more of this. Spectacular in every sense. You took that vi-IV-I-V progression to a completely next level. Bravo Bravo Bravo Randy. Your build ups are very catchy, the use of dynamics and everything, and I loved how your build ups end with some kind of an explosion and then the explosion collects itself some how to rebuild the connectivity and hold the theme together. I salute you. You are very talented. More plz of this :)

Very nicely done, Randy. My only wish is that you did not confine yourself to the parameters of the contest, and just let your imagination take you wherever it wanted, but obviously that was not the idea here. But within those parameters, I agree with others that you did a marvelous job. A touch of impressionism , a touch of minimalism, a touch of new age, nicely mixed.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2019   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service